Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Security Control Assessor (SCA) II
The SCA is responsible for conducting a comprehensive assessment of the management, operational, and technical security controls employed within or inherited by an IS to determine the overall effectiveness of the controls (i.e., the extent to which the controls are implemented correctly, operating as intended, and producing the desired outcome with respect to meeting the security requirements for the system). SCAs also provide an assessment of the severity of weaknesses or deficiencies discovered in the IS and its environment of operation and recommend corrective actions to address identified vulnerabilities. Responsibilities will cover Collateral, Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) and Special Access Program (SAP) activities within the customer's area of responsibility.
Performance shall include:
* Perform oversight of the development, implementation and evaluation of IS security program policy; special emphasis placed upon integration of existing SAP network infrastructure
* Perform assessment of ISs, based upon the Risk Management Framework (RMF) or the JAFAN 6/3 process
* Advise the Government on any assessment and authorization issues
* Advise the Government on assessment methodologies and processes
* Evaluate Authorization packages and make recommendation to the AO and/or DAO for authorization
* Evaluate IS threats and vulnerabilities to determine whether additional safeguards are required
* Advise the Government concerning the impact levels for Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability for the information on a system
* Review and approve the IS Security Assessment Plan, which is comprised of the SSP, the SCTM, and the Security Control Assessment Procedures
* Ensure security assessments are completed for each IS
* At the conclusion of each security assessment activity, prepare the final Security Assessment Report (SAR) containing the results and findings from the assessment
* Initiate a Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) with identified weaknesses and suspense dates for each IS based on findings and recommendations from the SAR
* Evaluate security assessment documentation and provide written recommendations for security authorization to the Government
* Develop recommendation for authorization and submit the security authorization package to the Government
* Assess proposed changes to ISs, their environment of operation, and mission needs that could affect system authorization
* Ensure approved procedures are in place for clearing, purging, declassifying, and releasing IS memory, media, and output
* Assist Government in compliance inspections
* Assist the Government with security incidents that relate to cybersecurity and ensure that the proper and corrective measures have been taken
* Assess changes within the IS boundary that could affect the authorization of the boundary
* Ensure that IS requirements are addressed during all phases of the system life cycle
* 10 - 12 years related experience
* Minimum of four (4) years' experience in SAP and Collateral Information Systems (IS) Security and the implementation of regulations identified in the description of duties.
* Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience (4 years)
* Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 3 or Information Assurance Manager Level 3 within 6 months of the date of hire
* Current Top Secret Clearance with SCI Eligibility
* Eligibility for access to Special Access Program Information
* Willingness to submit to a Counterintelligence polygraph
* Must be familiar with current security policy/manuals
* Must have the ability to work in a dynamic environment and effectively interact with numerous DOD, military/civilian personnel and industry partners
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
* Possess a high degree of originality, creativity, initiative requiring minimal supervision
* Willingness to travel within the organizational geographic Area of Responsibility (AOR) (note - could be extensive, and will include both air and ground transportation)
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Waretime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
About ManTech International
ManTech International Corporation provides technologies, consulting services and solutions for mission-critical national security programs.