Jacobs National Security Solutions (NSS) provides world-class IT network and service management capabilities; cutting edge cyber threat awareness and cybersecurity solutions; innovative web- and software applications development; and advanced data analytics for major clients in the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, and Federal Civilian Agencies.
Our forward thinking solutions deliver an integrated approach to IT network design and management, full lifecycle IT service management, IT service delivery, asset management, logistics and procurement, and vendor management. We leverage the expertise and passion of our employees to conduct identity and access management, penetration testing, and vulnerability assessments for our nation's most closely guarded agencies and networks. Our Cyber Security Operations Centers ensure safe, effective network operations for Federal clients while our data scientists are helping stop illegal acts before they can endanger Americans or our way of life.
Jacobs promotes a culture of operational excellence to create a safer, smarter, and more connected world while upholding the highest standards of compliance, quality and integrity.
We continue to thrive and need your talent and motivation to help propel us farther, faster."
Jacobs is currently seeking a Security Control Assessor to work onsite in Reston VA or Washington DC.
Duties will include:
* Conduct and lead security control assessments based on NIST SP 800-53 Rev. 4, NIST SP 800-53A Rev. 4, and NIST 800-37 Rev.1.
* Communicate with the Federal clients on all activities related to the security control assessment from inception to completion.
* Lead and analyze results from vulnerability scanning tools such as Nessus, HP WebInspect, QualysGuard, AppDetective, and Burp Suite.
* Assist with development of Security Assessment Plans (SAPs), Security Assessment Reports (SARs), and Plan of Action and Milestone (POA&M) Reports.
* Develop Vulnerability Scan and Technical Assessment Reports from Qualys, Tenable, Web Inspect, Nipper and AppDetective.
* Associate of Science degree in Information Technology, IT Security, Network Systems Technology or related field or equivalent experience plus one (1) to three (3) years of directly related experience or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and certifications.
* 2 year experience supporting security control assessments based on NIST SP 800-53 Rev. 4, NIST SP 800-53A Rev. 4, and NIST 800-37 Rev.1.
* Working knowledge of of the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF)
* Professional understanding of Unix/Linux (Solaris/Red Hat) and MS Windows Operating Systems
* Working knowledge of general purpose vulnerability scanners (e.g., QualysGuard, Nessus)
* Familiarity with NIST Special Publications (e.g., 800-53, 800-37)
* Strong documentation and communication (written and verbal) skills.
* Ability and willingness to travel approximately 10-15% of the time within in the Continental US.
* High School Diploma or higher.
* 2 Years of Information Technology and Telecommunications Experience is required.
* 2 years of direct Cybersecurity Experience Required.
* Familiarity with Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publications, and Open Source Security Testing Methodology Manual (OSSTMM)
* Proficiency understanding the technical architecture of IT systems built using Windows, UNIX, Linux, IBM AIX, VMware, Citrix, Oracle and MySQL platforms.
* Self-motivated and able to work in an independent manner.
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers. Multiple tasks & duties will need to be accomplished without any single duty falling behind or becoming neglected. Must effectively communicate and be communicated with by other team members. Must be able to represent and speak to current group efforts at any given time.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
About Jacobs Engineering
Jacobs Engineering provides professional, technical, and construction services.