What You'll Do
We have an exciting Security Consulting Systems Engineer role open in our Global Security Sales Organization! You will be a highly motivated, entrepreneurial-minded sales professional who has a real passion for delivering elite technology and services that protect our customers from the network to the endpoint to the Cloud. As part of your DNA, you are a bold, self-starter with the ability to build executive relationships, develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that improve Cisco's opportunity within the customer environment, position and promote the partner and customer value proposition for Cisco's Security Architecture, articulate Cisco's product and business strategies, and build the demand that makes deals happen!
Check out the details:
* You will serve as the domain authority in Cisco Security Solutions
* You will provide guidance and assist account teams within the territory in building solutions to address specific customer security needs
* You will work with technology specialists in helping to position Cisco's security solutions effectively against contending offerings.
* Provide specific solution/technology/product consulting, technical and sales support for major account opportunities
* Understand business requirements for customer base and be able to convert them into technical requirements
* Understand and articulate Cisco's architectures and services within Security technologies
* You will craft, present and document technical solutions
* Perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers, partners, and prospects
* Drive identified major account opportunities (i.e. - technical consulting, upper-level management presentations, and Cisco technology solutions) while allowing local account team to maintain long-term ownership
Who You'll Work With
In this role as Security Consulting Systems Engineer, you will provide guidance and assist account teams within the territory in building solutions to address specific customer security needs. In this position, you will be working with technology specialists to help them position Cisco's security solutions effectively against competing offerings.
Who You Are
* You have a minimum of 7+ years of technical sales or pre-sales experience with 5+ years in Security specialization experience with IDS/IPS, AV, Firewall, Advanced Malware Protection technologies
* BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent highly preferred
* Pre-sales experience required
* Successful quota achievement
* You possess a consistent track record of leading and winning technical and high value IT security projects
* You're experienced with administering Unix/Linux systems, low-layer (packet-level) IP networking and have a deep understanding of network security
* You have solid presentation and interpersonal skills
* You have commercial awareness and communication skills
* You're a highly motivated self-starter that does not need day-to-day management
* Desirable experience including press experience, delivering training courses, prior experience with Cisco/Sourcefire security technologies, experience with programming languages such as UNIX shell, Perl or C
Why Cisco Security
Cisco Security - Cisco delivers intelligent cybersecurity for the real world, providing one of the industry's most comprehensive advanced threat protection portfolio that is integrated, pervasive, continuous and open. Cisco's threat-centric approach to security reduces complexity while providing unmatched visibility, continuous control and advanced threat protection across the entire attack continuum -- before, during and after an attack.
Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO) - GSSO is taking big steps to position Cisco as the #1 IT Security provider in the industry. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. We are leaders with vision, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers. We Are Cisco.
Cisco is a global company that designs and sells a broad range of technologies across networking, security, collaboration, applications, and the cloud.