Leidos has an opportunity for a Personnel Security Specialist, Grade level 5 at the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in Washington, DC. This candidate will provide direct support and service to the administration of the FBI Security Program by participating in the direction, from inception to completion of the less complex security assessment investigations conducted by FBI Field Offices (FOs) and rendering appropriate adjudication recommendations regarding the same.
The candidates will be required to conduct security investigations of FBI employees, contractors, law enforcement officials and task force members where security concerns have been identified relative to maintaining a security clearance. Candidates will analyze and investigate all necessary information for the purpose of determining the final decision on the adjudication of clearances. Candidate will prepare and document all written findings and recommendations for the federal agency to make a determination that security adjudication creation.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to :
* Ensure that employees and applicable contractors are properly advised of potential security risks/vulnerabilities in which approved level of security clearance / access authorizations may expose them to, and follow to ensure individuals are properly debriefed as necessary.
* Conduct security briefings, which include Security Awareness and Hostile Threat. Revise security briefings based on the specific issues developed and security requirements.
* Provide guidance and assist in resolving security issues involving current on-board employees, as well as providing expert guidance relating to various security programs to other field office personnel including agent personnel. o Remain vigilant for new methods and procedures for passing and affirming clearances including SCI-between and among all Federal Government agencies participating in the Intelligence Community in accordance with Intelligence Directives / Regulations, Federal Investigative Standards, and/or Executive and DOJ Orders
* Engage with internal and external customers on personnel security to ensure the assigned program / project is fully integrated; leverage current threat intelligence to enhance or modify procedures.
* Prepare and submit a response to FBI HQ, in writing or verbally, to recommend adjudication as to the approval, denial, or revocation of security clearances and/or access authorizations. The appropriate SecD units will determine the final adjudication. Prepare outgoing communications to FBI HQ to transmit recommendations, supporting analysis and data.
* Participate in the formulation, preparation and direction of new and revised rules, regulations, guidelines, processes and procedures in relation to the personnel security programs. Provide recommendations and suggestions affecting personnel security program missions, reviewing program material and provides feedback to the Security Officer or FBI HQ to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of programmatic goals and operations.
* The candidate must currently hold a TS security clearance and must be capable of obtaining a SCI clearance that includes a requirement to pass a CI polygraph exam
* Eight (8) years of experience in 1811 federal law enforcement (LE) or 10 years' experience working in the personnel security field prior to security management.
* The most recent five-years of experience shall be directly-related to analyzing investigations, record checks, and other information as necessary for the purpose of making a written record of the accuracy and completeness of the investigation and to enable the FBI Security Program Manager (PM) to make an accurate security adjudication decision.
* Experience conducting record checks utilizing appropriate FBI, Intelligence Community (IC) and third party Information Technology (IT) systems; prepare and type clear concise written reports in a timely manner, free of grammatical an spelling errors; render highly effective personnel security adjudications based on and expert examination of the facts and supporting evidence; and conduct open source Internet checks in support of investigations.
* A bachelor's degree in any field of study.
* Technical training / certification as an investigator and / or adjudicator is required o Expert level knowledge of governing EOs, Security Executive Agent Directives, judicial guidelines, Federal Investigative Standards, IC Directives, and instructions affecting the conduction of investigations and adjudications and the safeguarding of National Security Information in order to independently plan and develop security assessment investigation analysis and recommendations.
* Conducting, directing, or evaluating TS / Secret investigations with preferred experience in counterintelligence / espionage, counterterrorism, criminal matters, and personnel security investigations
* Possesses skills and knowledge regarding criminal and civil law and procedures, and enforcement operations; have documented extensive training provided at specialized facilities, combined with on-the-job training, as proof of the skills and knowledge to perform the duties of a federal investigative analyst consultant
* Must have served as a senior agent responsible for planning and directing broad investigations of national or international scope; providing administrative and technical supervision over a staff of journeyman level criminal investigators
* Provides documented experience planning, organizing, administering, and coordinating the full spectrum of investigative activities; and representing an organization as a recognized authority in the investigative field at conferences, meetings, and presentations involving issues of considerable importance
* Advanced degree in any field of study.
* Detailed knowledge of the FBI Security Program (Security Access / Clearance), its goals and objectives, tenets, and procedures in order to effectively and efficiently plan and carry out assignments and discern and develop new methods of approach.
* Extensive knowledge of the processes and procedures involved with conducting the most sensitive, complex security matter investigations, from inception to completion, in order to instigate security background investigations; to ensure cases are handled in compliance with Bureau policies and legal requirements; to determine the adequacy/inadequacy of reporting information, to develop and set forth leads and provide guidance to the field during course of investigations.
* Extensive knowledge of Bureau's methods of communications and experienced skill in correlating, organizing, and evaluating data in order to compose and prepare necessary documentation to FBI HQ officials, FOs, DOJ, other Government agencies, members of the Intelligence Community, and private industries.
* Complete understanding of the personnel security analysis interrelationships between Bureau components, DOJ, Intelligence Community, and other agencies in order to obtain, develop, resolve, and correlate information and efforts, as required.
* Ability to assist others to ensure compliance with Bureau procedures and regulations, so that work is completes in an efficient and timely manner.
* Comprehensive knowledge of DOJ Orders and Bureau regulations and instructions affecting the conduction of background investigations.
* Experienced skill and seasoned ability in establishing and maintaining effective relationships with representatives of other Government agencies and supervisory and agent personnel of the Bureau in order to ensure effective and efficient coordination of matters involving the safeguarding of National Security Information.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com .
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here .
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.