At Optiv, we're on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We're one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you'll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients' needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We're proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
Who we are looking for:
The Application Security consultant has strong experience with web and mobile application development and application security assessments. The ideal candidate will understand a wide range of technologies, programming languages and application frameworks to identify risks and vulnerabilities in customer systems
How you'll make an impact:
* Perform vulnerability assessment, penetration testing and secure code review activitiesWrite deliverables and daily status updates during client engagements
* Provide tactical and strategic guidance and detailed remediation advice aimed at helping clients achieve strong security postures
* Maintain relationships with clients and provide them with information about application security and secure development lifecycle topics
* Track and monitor current and trending practices in software engineering, DevOps and application security
* Obtain and evolve technical expertise, certifications, and industry credentials through formal and informal training and other educational initiatives
* Contribute content to the Optiv blog and present on security in webinars and at conferences
* Provide assistance for problematic engagements through triage and recovery planning
* Identify and recommend improvements in Optiv's methodologies and internal processes and provide input and support for updating consulting tools, techniques and knowledge base
* Practical experience in an application security role with manual testing
* Previous job experience in an information security consulting services role
* Ability to travel 40-50% of the time to client sites
* Understanding of software security architecture and design
* Ability to work with diverse and dynamic teams
* Successful implementation of application testing methodologies for web applications and APIs
* Able to assess mobile applications on the IOS and Android Platforms
* Able to assist in setting the strategic direction of the practice based on experience and industry background
* College degree or related work experience.
Why you'll love it here:
If you are seeking a culture that supports growth, fosters success and moves the industry forward, find your place at Optiv! Optiv's mission is to deliver comprehensive, integrated cybersecurity programs to optimize customer security programs to be more effective, efficient, manageable and measurable. Our aim is to become the world's largest cybersecurity solutions integrator by leveraging our expertise in security technology, market leading services, and innovative approaches. We have served more than 12,000 clients of various sizes across multiple industries, we offer an extensive geographic footprint, and have premium partnerships with more than 350 of the leading security product manufacturers. Optiv is a privately-held company backed by KKR, a leading global private equity firm.
With Optiv you can expect:
* Entrepreneurial and collaborative environment
* A competitive total rewards program
* Professional training opportunities
* Engaging and fun culture
* Opportunity to work with industry leading, talented peers
Optiv provides cyber security and information security services.