A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation. It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
IT Risk Security Awareness, Training and Communication support, Senior Associate is responsible for helping support and expand New York Life's existing Security Awareness program. This function will include creation and support of awareness communications, presentations, attestations, marketing material, training rollouts, events, phishing exercises and use of internal social media platforms to include expansion to third parties, consultants and boutiques to align with the new risk structure.
* Maintain and develop explanatory materials such as presentations, videos, blog posts, and other materials in support of the Information Security and Risk communications strategy.
* Build relationships with cross departmental partners to improve the quality of security awareness training across organization including consultants.
* Support security awareness phishing programs and follow up trainings.
* Enhance intranet site to refresh content and align with new risk structure.
* Understand cybersecurity threats and be able to liaison between technology and communications.
* Partner with Corporate Communications to convey security awareness messages are consistent with corporate branding.
* Manage reporting and metrics of key dashboard milestones.
* Help organize security awareness events.
* Bring new and creative ideas and energy to the existing program.
* Continuously identify, assess, measure and monitor gaps in program to increase its effectiveness.
* Engage employees and consultants to be mindful of best security practice and behaviors both at home and at work, using interactive learning experiences and building a secure culture.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in cybersecurity.
* 3+ years of relevant work experience in information security, technology/cyber intelligence and a solid communications, media and marketing skill set.
* 2+ years of security awareness training or a similar background preferably in large enterprise.
* Ability to function independently with limited direction.
* Practical knowledge of various learning styles and a variety of awareness techniques
* Experience writing and designing information security educational material for employees.
* Experience running and supporting phishing campaigns and training.
* Experience using advanced Excel techniques.
* Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and slide design/visual), with experience in clearly explaining complex information security concepts and technologies for both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Ability to speak to mid to large size groups presenting training and awareness.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
* Industry certifications (or progress toward them) will be considered a plus.
* Instructional designer or any skills related to training will be considered a plus.
* Jive, social media and marketing experience will be considered a plus.
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.