Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Security Architect II
What you'll do:
* Lead or participate in activities to build out architecture, frameworks, standards, and guidance regarding functional areas of application, process, and infrastructure within Ball.
* Responsible for system design of intrusion and access systems, configuration, system hardening, deployment, design documentation, software and system upgrades (i.e., patching, etc.), threat monitoring, threat mitigation and testing.
* Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
* Plan security systems by researching and evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices.
* Implement security systems by specifying intrusion detection methodologies and equipment; directing equipment and software installation and calibration; preparing preventive and reactive measures; creating, transmitting, and maintaining keys; providing technical support; completing documentation.
* Enable security team objectives by planning delivery of solutions; answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members; teaching improved processes; mentoring team members.
* Administration of scope of work, statement of work, request for quote/information, estimate cost and budget for security system projects and updates.
* Maintain security by monitoring and ensuring compliance to standards, policies, and procedures; conducting incident response analyses; developing and conducting training programs.
* Enhance security systems by monitoring security environments; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
* Prepare system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
* Review, approve, configure and install firewalls, VPN, routers, IDS scanning technologies and servers.
* Provide technical supervision for (and guidance to) internal and external support teams, oversee technical teams during security or other IT updates.
* Read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems, programs, schematics and operation/product manuals.
* Maintain communications with customers and project managers to resolve customer issues.
* Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
* Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
* BS/BA in a related field plus 5 or more years related experience.
* Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
* Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
* Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.