AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you'll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
About the Role
AppDynamics is looking for an Application Security Architect to support its Engineering and Product teams. This position reports into the Product Security Engineering Team in the CISO organization of AppDynamics based in San Francisco, California.
This position requires a strong partner to who will be able to determine security requirements, evaluate business strategies and requirements; research information security standards as well as be able to conduct systems security and vulnerability analysis and risk assessments.
At AppDynamics, an Application Security Architect will be responsible for supporting and influencing the AppDynamics Product Roadmaps and Security standards. The Architect role will translate security concepts into requirements and proof of concepts in a way that is meaningful to technical audiences in both engineering, and product teams. This role will be expected to become an expert on the AppDynamics suite of software offerings, and their use cases for both on-premise, and SaaS deployments.
Skills and Qualifications
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, M.S. preferred (or equivalent work experience).
* 7+ years of experience in cybersecurity (AppSec, Architecture, etc.)
* Hands-on experience with one or more programming languages (Python, Java, etc.)
* In depth knowledge of network protocols, cryptography, PKI, security threats, attack techniques, and remediations or mitigations regarding them
* Experience with security models in cloud environments
* Has a thorough understanding of the Secure SDLC, and concepts such as threat modeling and risk assessments
* Systems integration experience involving the interfacing of complex systems components with one another. The ability to write and integrate APIs a plus.
* Experience and exceptional ability to interact with customers, internal and external at all levels
* Demonstrate ability to influence decision makers at all levels
* Knowledge of security best practices, principles and common security frameworks such as NIST, OWASP, SWAT etc.
* Ability to champion application security and secure development practices
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
* Medical, dental, vision coverage
* 401k match (4.5%)
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
* Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
* 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
* Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
* Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages
* Brand new state of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
* Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify
AppDynamics is a company that develops application performance management solutions.