Would you like to work on a fun yet sophisticated Security team for a tip-of-the-spear SaaS company? Zendesk is looking for a Security Analyst with solid communication skills to help us bridge the gap between our customers and our Security, Sales, Legal, and Product teams.
We are seeking someone who can master a highly technical craft while simultaneously demonstrating humanity, friendliness, compassion, and a willingness to always really commit: someone with a mixture of technical prowess and relentless positivity. The world of security moves fast and the world of SaaS moves even faster. In addition to technical acumen and a positive outlook, we need a self-motivator to stay on top of the shifting ground beneath their feet to know the latest with security, technology, our controls, and the Zendesk family of products. You should be approachable and inspiring as you will be the public face of our team and sometimes Zendesk itself. You should have a general understanding of security concepts, possess top-tier interpersonal skills, and be able to translate complex ideas to a wide variety of audiences. The ability remain succinct and yet instructive is key.
What you will get to do here:
* Help our customers to onboard or manage ongoing risk assessments by completing security questionnaires using our internal knowledge base, public documentation, or by querying internal partners.
* Learn the triage process for the various workflows coming into our department.
* Aid Sales teams and customers by distributing compliance documentation.
* Develop a comprehensive understanding of our knowledge base, Security Policies, SOC 2 controls, and public facing documentation.
* Understand technical inquiries and answer in your own technical phrasing.
* Work on project based deliverables when called upon to do so.
* Help update knowledge bases and work to keep them current with processes or products.
What you bring to the role:
* General knowledge of information security concepts, risks, and corresponding mitigation strategies
* Either (i) 1 year in a Security department role, (ii) graduate of a Security program, or (iii) hold a security certification.
* Good communication skills
* Collaboration, planning, and prioritization skills
* Strong self motivation abilities
* Friendly and positive demeanor
* Strong ethical standards.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 100,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.
Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we're proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk's use of your personal information.
Zendesk is a company developing a customer support ticketing system and service software.