The Security Analyst III will assist in enforcing the established information security policies, standards, and procedures. Participates in implementations to ensure security requirements and appropriate guidelines and controls are incorporated into the business processes, systems, and infrastructure. Perform risk assessments of systems, applications and networks to identify weaknesses and ensure the effectiveness of internal controls in reducing risk. Utilize risk management system to ensure analysis, research and documentation remain consistent.
Assist with or perform security risk assessments and mitigation efforts for mergers, acquisitions & divestitures, third parties, and non-hospital clinical locations focusing on HIPAA, NIST, & PCI controls. Conduct interviews and assist BSWH staff in mitigating potential security issues utilizing, existing, new or updated processes and procedures. Ensure security requirements and appropriate guidelines and controls are in place. Make recommendations and drive improvement to the Security Risk Program to leadership. Provide well written assessment reports and integrate all collected information in the defined eGRC application. Review network security firewall request and policy exceptions. Review and negotiate third party security agreements while working with various internal and external personnel with good communication skills and understanding of the balance of protections provided by these agreements.
* Perform assessments and correlate data and reports from different sources, make logical inferences about that data, and be able to publish results. Ability to develop tools and scripts to aid in data processing or other aspects of log and or security research as it pertains to the Security Risk program.
* Perform review of third party security controls and address appropriately.
* Make / Implement recommendations for improvements in process and procedures.
* Participate in projects as assigned.
* Perform assistance in review of firewalls, intrusion detection systems and other network security systems to determine potential exposure.
* Analytical skills with sound and logical problem-solving capabilities and demonstrated experience
* Critical thinking and strong logic skills
* Written and verbal communication skill; demonstrated ability to effectively explain complex concepts to others in layman terms
* Ability to work with others in teams and share analysis and collaborate well on problems
* Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure
* Self-motivated to identify and resolve issues
* Ability to work on a variety of work assignments or projects simultaneously
* Demonstrated desire to increase knowledge in security related fields
* Demonstrates customer-oriented service excellence principal while remaining mission focused
* Broad knowledge of Information Security best practices and technology. Knowledge of network protocols, operating systems.
Location/Facility - Baylor Scott & White Health, Dallas or Temple
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
* Specialty/Department/Practice - Information Technology]/Security
* Shift/Schedule - Full-time, days
* Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes*:
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
* Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level.
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation's exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it's accepting a calling!
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* 3 years of experience