Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cloud Infrastructure Group (Seattle, WA)
The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer's business critical applications.
Are you interested in building large-scale distributed infrastructure for the cloud? Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure team is building its next generation Cloud IaaS/PaaS/SaaS technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best in class, foundational cloud networking services.
Our team designs, engineers and operates the security for our premier cloud services. We are reimagining the traditional enterprise thinking of security and creating an environment suitable for the most demanding and security conscience customers with our new large scale distributed services. This team is here to protect the customers, protect our cloud and make sure it best of breed.
We are looking for people with experience in threat hunting, determining indicators of compromise (IOCs), incident management and red team/blue team activities for our IaaS, PaaS and SaaS environments. You will be part of a CSIRT team responsible for the investigation and reporting of product security incidents for all of our cloud. This includes using tools to analyze and respond to threats, creating tools/scripts to aid in quick analysis and response, and responding to security events. The position operates and tunes security-supporting tools, provides requirements for new security tools and creates use cases for additional monitoring situations.
If this excites you, come help us deliver the next level of secure cloud computing. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage and working on ambitious new initiatives. An engineer at any level can have significant technical and business impact.
We are looking for a Cloud Security Engineer to help us push the boundaries of what can be accomplished in both current and the next generation of Oracle cloud services using automation and active intelligence gathering systems. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in Security Incident Response (CSIRT, SIRT), Blue Team, Security Monitoring, or Threat Hunting.
This role will be part of the Oracle's Cloud Security Threat Management team. Multiple levels of experienced roles are available for this posting.
* Coordinate the CSIRT efforts across multiple business units during response
* Perform hunting exercises using threat intelligence, analysis of anomalous log data and results of historical events and data to detect and response to threats
* Develop anomaly detection dashboards and reports to identify potential threats, suspicious activity, and intrusions
* Monitor for security indicators by correlating and analyzing a variety of application, network and host-based security logs and determining the correct remediation actions and escalation paths for each incident
* Assist with the development of processes and procedures to improve security operations functions, incident response times, analysis of incidents, and overall SOC functions
* Create repeatable processes for continuous testing and monitoring of IOCs following a proven methodology you help define
* Develop scripts, processes and content to improve detective capabilities
* Knowledge of the chain of custody process and properly securing evidence
* Research industry trends, identify ongoing security threats, analyze new security testing tools, and provide recommendations on the need and usefulness of services and/or products
* Evaluate and recommend new and emerging security solutions and technologies to issues
* Effectively communicate security concepts with both technical and non-technical individuals
* Provide information regarding intrusion events, security incidents, and other threat indications and warning information to teams and leadership as part of incident response
* Deliver self-service security metric data of discovery, triage and trending analysis of team findings
* Author post mortem reports to be provided to senior leadership following an intrusion or red team engagement
* Participate in Red/Blue/Purple team activities
* Bachelor's Degree in Information Assurance, Security, Management Information Systems, Risk Management or equivalent work experience acceptable
* 2-3 years of related cybersecurity architecture, engineering, or SOC work experience (monitoring, detection, incident response, forensics)
* Ability to write scripts/code using Python, Perl, Powershell, or an equivalent language
* Excellent written and verbal communications, including presentation skills, are important to be successful in this role
* Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, as well as with external parties
* Experience with forensics tools such as X-Ways, F-Response, Volatility and Rekall
* Red/Blue team experience turning findings into actionable detections and mitigations
* Preferred knowledge of current advanced adversary TTP's and experience responding to ATP attacks
* Understanding of privilege escalation, persistence, and lateral movement techniques
* Understanding of host and network Incident Response processes, tasks, and tools
* Excellent customer service skills required
* Knowledge of operational security tools and practices (e.g. IDS, firewalls, & 3rd-party security products)
* Ability to both work independently with minimal direction and to collaborate effectively with local and remote teams with a strong customer focus
* Experience working in a large cloud or Internet software company preferred.
* Be available on an on-call basis to respond to pending issues or problems arising during non-business hours and provide support and response
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.