Security Assessment and Authorization Specialist
El Segundo, CA
Active Security Clearance Required
Do you want to help ensure the fidelity of classified technology and processes while growing your career? Look no further. Parsons is hiring an Assessment and Authorization whiz to develop and prepare all pertinent documentation and examine the system/network configurations, boundaries, and connectivity, as part of the overall Assessment and Authorization activities in an Air Force Space Systems Acquisition environment.
Specifically, you will develop and adhere to the project schedule, and perform key A&A activities including, but not limited to:
* Prepare Program Protection Plans (PPP)
* Develop System Security Plan (SSP)
* Determine FIPS 199 Information Types/Security Categorizations
* Prepare/develop Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) Plan
* Conduct Security Assessment (SRA)
* Prepare Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M)
* Prepare Accreditation Decision Letter
* As required - provide program management, control, and reporting necessary to manage and direct efforts required for Air Force Space Command (AFSPC) Assessment and Authorizations, document inventory, and external information security reporting.
* Provide additional recommendations on processes, procedures, and tools that can be implemented to enhance the compliance with independent review objectives established for the system.
* Hands-on use of Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Services (eMASS) application in a classified environment.
REQUIRED INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
* Two or more years (2+) of experience in computer science, management information systems, or data security experience is required.
* Associate's degree; equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
* CAP certification preferred
* Active Secret security clearance, or higher, is required.
Must be able to apply the following A&A guidelines:
* FIPS 199 - Standards for Security Categorization
* FIPS 200 - Minimum Security Requirements
* SP 800-18 - Guide for System Security Plan Development
* SP 800-30 - Guide for Conducting Risk Assessments
* SP 800-34 - Guide for Contingency Plan development
* SP 800-37 - Guide for Applying the Risk Management Framework
* SP 800-39 - Managing Information Security Risk
* SP 800-53/53A - Security Controls Catalog and Assessment Procedures
* SP 800-60 - Mapping Information Types to Security Categories
* SP 800-128 - Security-focused Configuration Management
* SP 800-137 - Information Security Continuous Monitoring
* Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) Guidance
* DoD and Air Force Cybersecurity Policies, Directives, and Instructions
Other relevant Security Certifications:
* GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
* Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
* Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills for resolving security issues
* Good organization skills to balance work demands
* Good interpersonal skills with customer focus
* Strong communication skills a must
* Ability to work in teams
Parsons is a company providing software and hardware products, technical services, and integrated solutions in the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure markets.