MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Securities Strats play important roles in several areas. Some Strats sit on trading desks, creating cutting-edge derivative pricing models and developing empirical models to provide insight into market behaviour. Others develop automated trading algorithms for the firm and its clients, taking an active part in the increasing shift from voice to electronic trading. A third group works directly with the firm's sales force and clients, analysing exposures, structuring transactions, and applying quantitative concepts to meet client needs. Between these teams, Core Strats design and develop complex parallel computing architectures, electronic trading tools, and advanced algorithms.
Execution Services Strats are responsible for the quantitative and technical aspects of electronic execution. This ranges from exchange connectivity, smart order routing, algorithmic trading, pre- and post-trade analysis and quantitative research.
Your main goal and focus is to ensure timely releases of defect free software into production. The test/QA work is core to the SDLC.
Organizationally the role is part of the Electronic Execution Services (EES) unit.
* Work closely with the development team to tie in with appropriate test/QA activities as part of finalizing deliveries.
* Work with Product Development to analyse requirements and define test cases.
* Perform exploratory testing as a complement to the testing performed by the responsible developer.
* Act as gatekeeper for new releases going to production, signing off on test coverage.
* Provide input to test automation efforts by identifying gaps in the automated test tool chain and suggesting specific tests that can be automated.
* Build automation test framework components and test cases.
* Perform certification of new software releases as mandated by exchanges.
* Participate in the support and operations work by following up on issues reported from UAT and production, ensuring that corrections are developed, verified, and deployed.
Skills & Qualifications:
* Track record of software testing in Finance/IT.
* Excellent planning, technical writing and verbal communication skills.
* Strong interest in and understanding of Equities and Electronic Execution.
* Ability to multitask and operate in a fast-paced environment.
* Experience working on electronic trading components including Exchange Connectivity, Market Data, Order Management Systems, Smart Order Routers, and Trading Algorithms.
* Knowledge of test technologies such as Junit, TestNG, Mockito, CppUnit, Pytest.
* Knowledge of Jira, SQL and FIX.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
About Goldman Sachs
Goldman Sachs is a multinational financial services firm providing securities, investment banking and management services.