MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and ergonomic services to wellbeing and resilience offerings, we offer our people the flexibility and support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Partner with development teams to improve product reliability, supportability and recoverability
* Actively participate in system design, platform management, and capacity planning
* Create sustainable systems through automation and uplifts; whilst enjoying doing it
* Manage small-scale tool and automation projects
* Code, script, integrate and test own work
* Identify and build improvements to system behavior, control and monitoring tools
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
* At least 2 years of work experience in a similar role or demonstrate equivalent development expertise in software development (tools and automation)
* At least 2 years of software development experience in C++/Java programming language
* Experience with developing applications in a Linux environment, with sound knowledge of algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
* Hands on experience with Perl/Python or an equivalent scripting language
* Sound knowledge of Sybase or Oracle and SQL expertise, as well as timeseries databases like InfluxDB, OpenTSDB, Prometheus etc.
* Development skills with experience in real time, highly concurrent environments
* Good understanding of the software development life cycle process
* Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
* Understand the potential impact of even small changes on the "big picture" of entire software systems
* Hands on troubleshooting, debugging, coding and optimizing
* Technical writing skills to succinctly communicate SRE ideas to others
* Knowledge of network concepts, topologies, and technologies
* Experience with large-scale automated testing and releases
* Prior SRE/DevOps experience is highly regarded
* Interest in financial markets, technology and the ability to learn
* Passionate about solving operational problems and driving constant improvement
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
About Goldman Sachs
Goldman Sachs is a multinational financial services firm providing securities, investment banking and management services.