Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS), Systems Engineering Integration & Test (SEIT) Center is seeking a talented Secure Systems Engineer (SSE) to join the Secure Systems Department. This position is in a technical growth area and we need individuals who can apply their technical knowledge and experience to system security engineering and program protection concerns within the key areas of cybersecurity, anti-tamper, software assurance, supply chain exploitation, and threat and design vulnerability analysis. The SSE will participate in the development of embedded system security solutions, and will be responsible for developing and executing efforts for secure system products.
The SSE must be able to work as a member of a team in coordination with engineers in development, integration, test and modeling. The SSE will exhibit a high degree of creativity and ingenuity, and will be responsible for developing advanced systems /security integrity and information assurance leveraging guidelines and concepts. The Sr. Systems Engineer II must be able to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers, and may be required to brief senior Raytheon and customer leadership teams.
* US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED AS SELECTED CANDIDATE WILL BE REQUIRED TO OBTAIN A US SECURITY CLEARANCE *
* Minimum of 2 years of progressive technical experience related to Systems/Software Engineering architecture, requirements, determination, development, and implementation
* Familiar with designing, implementing, testing, and fielding real-time security-oriented solutions (embedded experience highly preferred)
* Familiar with secure systems technologies, methodologies, policies and guidelines
* Experience with commercial-off-the-shelf security technologies and trusted products
* Ability to obtain a Security Clearance
* U.S. Citizen as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems
* Experience in at least one of the following: Anti-Tamper (HW, SW, Systems), Cybersecurity, Software Assurance
* Experience in System Integrity, NSA Security design, or related field
* Familiarity with cryptography and cryptographic applications
* Experience with certification and accreditation of cryptographic, anti-tamper, and other security-related engineering products / systems
* Experience with multi-level security solutions
* Experience performing reverse engineering
* Background in both Systems Engineering and Software Engineering practices
* Knowledge of security standards, methods, and policies; risk and threat analysis; technical security safeguards; and operational security measures
* Knowledge of Program Protection Plan (PPP) required by DoDI 5000.02 and DoDI 5200.39
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics; Advanced degree(s) preferred
143568BR 143568 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.