This position is responsible for the functional management of a section of 5-10 software engineers, including job assignment, performance evaluation, career development, technical skill assessment and expansion. The candidate will be experienced in the software development lifecycle and tools, software metrics and evaluation, earned value management system (EVMS), software cost estimating and proposal writing skills.
Functional management duties include ensuring technical integrity of section member work products, evaluation of section members by providing oral and written performance reviews, managing staffing requirements, developing career plans for each member of the section, championing six sigma and DevOps principals and ensuring section members do the same, ensuring proper engineering processes are being followed including program tailoring activities.
Provides technical contribution related to embedded software development and real-time operating systems. Provides technical guidance to the team to ensure software deliverables meet business objectives, including cost and schedule. Participates and presents findings in program reviews.
Provides technical work and ensure solutions meet or exceed program technical performance requirements. Analyzes test results and provides innovative solutions. Supports risk reduction studies and proposals for new business initiatives as well as other project management and reporting. Participates in earned value and variance analysis, incorporating BCR and updates of master phasing schedules, and gate and independent reviews.
* Minimum 10 years related experience in full lifecycle software design and implementation, embedded software, and real-time operating systems.
* Must be well organized and responsive to requests from multiple sources
* Multi-tasking effectively
* Ability to provide career development and coaching to team members
* Must be an advocate for productivity improvement and risk mitigation efforts
* Experience evaluating the performance of section members and ensure completion of required and suggested training.
* Experience dealing with difficult and challenging situations/personnel issues
* Experience working independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
* Ability to perform other functional duties in support of the normal operations of the Software Engineering Center
* Proposal development, cost estimation, budget preparation
* Ability to obtain special access to customer programs
* Active DOD Secret updated within the last 5 years or Active DoD Top Secret updated within the last 5 years
* Clearance required day 1 AND role requires access to US only data
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Leadership, negotiation, communication and customer interface skills
* Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Math.
140261BR 140261 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.