The mission of the Search Engineer / Architect at Ace Hardware will be to maximize the online "search experience" for Ace Retailers, Ace Wholesale customers, and the Ace consumer. This goal is to be achieved by leveraging search optimization techniques and technology, and applying to each of Ace's existing search environments. This newly created position will involve collaboration with internal Ace business partners wanting to maximize the search experience for each of the "search consumers" they support.
What you'll do
* Identify and execute data-driven, search optimization opportunities across all Ace search platforms resulting in continuous, measurable, and tangible search effectiveness improvement.
* Assist in the creation of a "search effectiveness" roadmap and strategy for all of Ace's search platforms.
* Collaborate and align with members of the business who serve as platform owners for each of the search environments at Ace.
* Maintain "cross platform" approach in identifying, assessing, and executing any search optimization / tuning opportunity.
* Design and build search metrics / scorecard which provide visibility as to the overall "health" of search on each of the Ace search platforms.
* Identify, justify, and implement tools needed to maintain an agreed-upon degree of "search effectiveness"
* Establish and maintain relationships with external organizations / individuals who can provide guidance, input, and assistance regarding search-oriented direction and execution of Ace's search objectives.
* Collaborate with IT Technical Engineering team members to ensure high performing, high availability search environment.
What you need to succeed
* Minimum 5-7 years of experience required including a minimum of 2-3 years software development experience and a minimum of 3-4 years of direct SOLR Search responsibilities
* SOLR index creation
* Experience in relevancy and findability techniques
* Data retrieval via rest webservices / XML / JSON
* Performance testing
* Daily search administrative tasks including monitoring of search health while ensuring daily availability of search services and data
* Experience with integration of search results with web applications.
* Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent
* Agile methodology experience
* Lucidworks Fusion expertise preferred
* Strong commitment to self-directed team concept
* Strong communication and Leadership skills
* Ability to communicate effectively throughout all levels of the organization
* Must have the ability to lead, influence and own complex search projects
We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military discharge, or any other action covered by federal or state laws.
About Ace Hardware
Ace Hardware Corporation operates as a wholesaler of hardware, paint, and other related products.