What you'll be doing...
Verizon's SDN (Software-Defined Networking) Planning group under Verizon Network Technology's and Planning organization is looking for self-motivated and innovative engineer in support of Verizon SDN architecture and technology development. As a senior-level member of technical staff, you will be interacting with software engineers, network/system operations staff, network/system architects, and vendor partners to provide SDN technology evolution strategies and solutions to keep our service relevance in the market place in the fast-moving and quickly evolving networking industry. Proactive technology research, industry trend analysis, and developing next-generation network architecture using modern networking technology and providing production deployable solutions are key functions of the team. Responsibilities associated with the position include:
* New technology validation and prototyping.
* Software Defined Networking (SDN) ecosystem development and technical vendor management.
* SDN/NFV platform architecture and development.
* Open API (REST/RESTCONF/NETCONF) and data modeling (YANG) verification and development.
* Common information and data model development for Verizon network infrastructure.
* Open API development and verification in support of Verizon SDN platform infrastructure.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in any of the following technologies and protocols: NETCONF, RESTCONF, gNMI, gRPC, YANG (MEF, OpenConfig and IETF models), JSON, XML, and Kafka.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with modern data communication technology discipline.
* Industry technology leadership skills.
* Multi-vendor system integration and technical vendor management experience.
* Network (WAN/LAN) Engineering (Layer 2 and above) experience in Service Provider Network or Enterprise Network environment.
* SDN knowledge and development experience.
* Understanding wireline and wireless network management, control, provisioning, and service assurance.
* Experience in defining workflow from initial device turn-up and infrastructure configuration to service creation and monitoring.
* Understanding of L2/L3 switching and routing protocols and technologies (e.g., spine/leaf architectures).
* Open Daylight knowledge and Java development experience.
* Experience configuring NetConf connected devices via ODL Restconf APIs and related tools.
* Experience in orchestration platform (e.g., ONAP) integration.
* In-depth knowledge of Packet, Optical, and Wireless network technologies.
* Open source tools development, implementation, and collaboration experience (e.g., Robotframework, Jenkins, Phabricator, Kafka, Screwdriver).
* Open networking, open API, and open platform development experience.
* Knowledge of deploying virtualized application in Linux environments (e.g., KVM, docker container, Kubernetes, OpenStack, VMWare).
* Willingness to travel up to 25%.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.