* AWS Commerce Platform will be interviewing folks in NYC for Software Development Engineer and Software Development Manager positions in our New York office on February 18-22, 2019. This opportunity will include relocation assistance, if applicable. Fluency in English is required. Please apply if you're interested in attending!*
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for talented software engineers who have a passion for Big Data and distributed systems at trillions of transactions scale to help build the next generation of AWS internal services. Our applications are responsible for processing 270 million events per second and 20 terabytes of data per hour. As a foundational system we must scale with the growth of cloud computing at Amazon.
As a Software Developer, you have the opportunity to lead the paradigm shift in streaming Big Data by building applications on top of cutting-edge AWS technologies such as Kinesis, EMR, DynamoDB, Redshift, Aurora, and many more. Additionally, you can build meaningful software that can radically change how AWS wins our largest customers over to the Cloud. And finally, as an Amazon engineer, you get to own the full lifecycle of your systems, work on challenging problems at "Amazon Scale", and collaborate with some of the best in the business.
As a Software Development Leader you will:
* Lead a team of software development engineers in the design, development, test, deployment and operation of services that our customers depend on.
* Contribute directly to our growth by hiring smart and motivated engineers that can deliver swiftly and predictably, adjusting in an agile fashion to deliver what our customers need.
* Be responsible for ensuring sanity of architecture, operational excellence and quality, delivering results on time.
* Work closely with other AWS teams to deliver platform features that require cross-team leadership.
* Obsess over protecting customer information, maintaining single-digit millisecond latencies, and simplifying enterprise scale commerce complexity.
* Mentor a large group of people with a direct handle on the pulse of each employee on your team.
* Regularly dive into architecture, code, test plans, project plans, deployments and operations to drive excellence through your organization.
* Represent your business and operations to the highest level of leadership within AWS on a weekly basis.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
If all of this sounds exciting to you, then please come join us and help shape the future of the Cloud!
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.