Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Scrum Master - Digital Wealth Management
Req #: 190034109
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
As Scrum Master and Associate Software Engineer, you will be part of an Agile development team building and working on enterprise grade software on the Java development stack. The team is responsible for building customer self-service capabilities and building new features to support our client service and operations teams. You will have Scrum Master Responsibilities for at least one team. As part of the cross-functional team you will also support build of new features. The scrum team is involved in all areas of the delivery lifecycle; design, development, testing and implementation.
This role requires a wide range of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Proficiency in one or more business disciplines or functions
* Experience project managing multiple projects
* Knowledge of global and line of business project management standards and methods
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
Scrum Master Responsibilities:
* Coach team members on the Agile SCRUM methodology and drive continuous improvement (efficiency, effectiveness of Sprint Planning, velocity, quality, etc.
* Drive Sprint Planning sessions to prioritize stories, estimate stories, ensure the quality of stories being considered for the next Sprint and finalize Sprint scope
* Facilitate Daily Stand-ups to drive progress against Sprint deliverables, identify blockers and ensure ownership and action plans for all blocker
* Lead Sprint Retrospectives focusing on opportunities for improvement and measuring results of agreed actions from prior Sprint retrospectives
* Coordinate Sprint Review sessions with all team members and additional Business stakeholders; ensure feedback is tracked, prioritized and an action plan is defined.
* Working with an Agile team to develop, test, and maintain web and desktop-based business applications built on Java technologies
* Assisting in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, and estimates
* Preparing reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software
* Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards
* Participating in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
* Package and support deployment of releases
* Developing, refining, and tuning integrations between applications.
* Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems.
* Adhering to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
* Providing third-level support to business users.
* Minimum Requirements
* 3 Years of experience in Agile software development and Scrum Master role
* Core Competency Requirements
* Solid understanding of object oriented programming concepts
* Solid understanding of relational database design and querying concept
* Familiarity with version control concepts
* Agile/Scrum ceremonies experience
* Working experience in Java technologies
* Preferred Competency Requirements
* Knowledge of client/server application development
* Knowledge of Agile development methodologies
* Knowledge of unit testing theory
* Good communication skills. Crisp & clear verbal communication with the ability to be assertive when speaking to a diverse audience.
* JIRA experience
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.