Scrum Master - Cybersecurity
Req #: 190032285
Location: Jersey City, NJ, US
Job Category: Technology
As a Scrum Master you will act as a servant leader for your team(s) by facilitating clear communication to management and to the team. Our Scrum Masters are open, approachable, collaborative and enjoy working with passionate people. They are proactive in solving problems to help their team(s) succeed. The Scrum Master drives Agile and Lean frameworks that result in quality product delivery and continuous improvement. They embrace agility as a practice. The Scrum Master is responsible for removing impediments that hinder the team from reaching their goals and has a flexible approach that enables the team to rapidly respond to changes.
Our culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, and problem solving is essential to our success. We bring people together with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We support teamwork, thinking big and taking risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on relevant projects, while building an environment that provides support and mentorship needed to learn and grow. We are excited to see what you will bring to our team.
* Works with the Product owner to align team with the product vision, sprint goals, and other necessary information
* Creates an environment of collaboration within the teams that allows for open dialogue and productive solutions for resolving conflicts
* Champions continuous improvement activities to reduce waste and increase productivity; coaches teams to conduct continuous improvements events.
* Seeks opportunities for improvement to the overall effectiveness of teams and organization
* Communicates organizational impediments to leadership; clears impediments for the team
* Embraces the concept of continuous learning in your own journey and instills the same in the team(s) you coach
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Strong familiarity and adherence to core Agile values and principles
* Experience as a practicing Scrum master on a team
* Exposure to modern engineering practices like Unit Test-Driven Development, Acceptance Test-Driven Development, and Continuous Integration
* A mindset of servant leadership
* An agile mindset: "An attitude that equates failure and problems with opportunities for learning, a belief that we can all improve over time, that our abilities are not fixed but evolve with effort." - Linda Rising
* Expert with Agile and Scrum Framework and its application in Product Development and delivery organization
* Ability to coach and mentor
* Ability to collaborate with and influence people at various levels
* Sound understanding of scaling framework such as LeSS
* Leverage skills from coaching, facilitation, conflict resolution and more to serve the team(s)
* Demonstrated experience with Jira and other Altassian products such as Confluence
* Expert level facilitation and communication skills: ability to facilitate software engineering teams of big data developers through tough conversations, maintain a positive and supportive team environment, ability to respond quickly, flexibly and positively to change, using it as an opportunity to learn, develop, practice and support the organization
* Ability to collect and analyze data, manage a budget within Excel, possess excellent conceptual, analysis, organizational, and problem solving skills, and capable of defining problems, collecting data, establishing fact, drawing conclusions and recommending solutions
* Hands on experience with software engineering, big data technologies and with leading software engineering teams
* Familiarity with Cybersecurity disciplines and practices, Agile Coaching experience and Scrum Master and SAFe certifications are preferred
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm's cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls. The group's number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 15 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.