The Scrum Master is a cornerstone of the Scrum team. They are a servant leader who helps those outside the team understand which of their interactions with the team are helpful and which aren't. They help everyone change these interactions to maximize the value created by the team.
As a Scrum Master at Insider Inc., you have an awesome, unique opportunity to help support and guide teams building the next generation of international media products. You'll help team members through retrospectives, coaching sessions, Lean Coffees, book clubs, and more.
What you would do:
* Lead and coach the team in Scrum practices and values
* Facilitate team standups, backlog refinements, plannings, reviews, and retrospectives
* Guide the team on how to use adaptive practices to deliver business value
* Ensure that goals are fully formed and understood by everyone on the team
* Help create a safe, supportive team environment
* Help improve transparency and radiate information
* Be a tireless advocate for the team; protect the team's time and focus
* Remove impediments and help team members remove their own
* Drive continuous improvement activities across the organization
* Assist in maintaining a useful backlog
* Partner with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the overall system
* You have experience as a Scrum Master or in a Scrum Master-esque role
* You feel confident helping teams diagnose and triage process issues and reduce waste
* You have a good understanding of iterative and incremental software development
* You're a great communicator
* You place a high premium on honesty and transparency
* You are emotionally intelligent, curious, and kind
* You love learning new things
* You have a genuine passion for servant leadership
* You have a solid understanding of engineering concepts and/or have written and committed lines of code in a previous role
* You care deeply about the role of journalism in the public discourse
* You are a Certified Scrum Master
* You have read Coaching Agile Teams or Crucial Conversations
* You either actively enjoy or can tolerate puns
Insider Inc. is the publisher of INSIDER, Markets Insider, and 17 international editions of Business Insider, including the flagship NY-based US edition. The company pioneered a digital-native approach to news and information that is social and mobile at its core, for an ambitious and curious global audience that grew up with digital. The company launched in 2007, and in ten years, Business Insider has grown to become the most favorite business news brand in the world, when measured by reach. Insider Inc. reaches a global audience of several hundred million readers and viewers. The company also offers a subscription research service, Business Insider Intelligence (BII), that provides in-depth insight, data, and analysis of digital topics. Every year the company hosts IGNITION, an influential media and technology conferences. Insider Inc. is a subsidiary of Axel Springer SE. We are always looking for talented, curious and motivated individuals to join our growing team.
About Business Insider
The latest business news and analysis.