Scrum Master | Acorns
At Acorns, we're building a different kind of investing experience - one that looks after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming. The Acorns team is passionate about pursuing our mission and living our values. It all begins with Heart. Our Heart leads us in everything we do. It allows us to make bold decisions, build trust, grow and advance our society. Come find your place at Acorns and join us in the revolution.
Acorns is seeking a Scrum Master to partner with the Engineering team to optimize and iterate on the efficiency of our agile development teams to support the continued innovation of Acorns as a revolutionary investing service.
* Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
* Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organization
* Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable to deliver with quality
* Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
* Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on healing and problem-solving
* Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work
* Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
* Assisting with internal and external communication with focus on full transparency
* Supporting and educating the Product Owner / Manager, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog
* Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
* Partnering closely with all Project Managers to relay statuses of their squads' velocities and sprints
* BA/BS degree required
* 1 - 3+ years of Scrum Master experience (Certified ScrumMaster Certification is a plus)
* Experience using widely practiced Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Pairing, Automated Testing
* Strong skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
* Strong sense of purpose with a passion for living in the details, being curious and exceeding expectations
* Problem-solver with solution-oriented attitude
* Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal)
* Process oriented and highly organized
* Being the role model of calm under pressure and being a steadfast and stable leader in moments of disorder
* Ability to take constructive feedback and to improve oneself
* Demonstrated ability to lead teams to deliver strategic and business goals
* Experience using and administering project management tools like Jira
What we offer:
* Competitive salary and stock options
* A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
* Unlimited paid time off
* Corporate gym access
* Daily breakfast, weekly team lunches, and an endless supply of snacks
* Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
* Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
* The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is the leading micro-investing app in the U.S. It allows users to round up their daily purchases and automatically Invest the Change® into a low-cost, diversified portfolio of exchange-traded funds offered by some of the world's top asset managers (including Vanguard and BlackRock). Founded in Newport Beach, Calif., by father and son team Walter and Jeff Cruttenden, Acorns provides a simple entry-point using the Acorns app on iPhone or Android. Customers accumulate fractional shares in one of five portfolios constructed by world-renowned Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Harry Markowitz. Acorns' smart portfolio algorithms automatically work in the background of life, helping users build wealth naturally, pennies at a time. From Acorns mighty oaks do grow.
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering, proud step of micro-investing.
* Lead with heart
* Make bold decisions
* Always build trust
* Never stop growing
* Advance our society
Acorns is a finance company that allows individuals to round up purchases and automatically invest the change.