It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The Scrum Master role within the US Retail organization will utilize SAFe practices to help a self-organizing, self-managing Scrum Team achieve its deliverables on-time with quality. The Scrum Master will work with the team to establish priorities, continuously plan work efforts, and remove impediments from internal and external forces. The Scrum Master will have direct influence on team deliverables and team culture.
The Scrum Master must be well-rounded, highly motivated, self-starter that works best in a collaborative, dynamic, and agile environment. Excellent communication skills (written and oral) are essential to this position as the Scrum Master will interface with on- and off-shore resources, business owners, enterprise architects, security, and infrastructure resources. A scrum master needs to have great motivational and time management skills as well.
* Facilitating Scrum team ceremonies including Story Grooming, Sprint Planning, Release Planning, Sprint Retrospective, Sprint Demo, Product Backlog Review, Scrum of Scrums, and Sprint Demos
* Responsible for Scrum team performance including the team's commitments and quality
* Orchestrates all aspects of Sprint delivery, including analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment activities
* Directly drives all committed user stories and defects through completion during the Sprints. Drives reprioritization of stories/scope to keep releases on track
* Eliminates team blockers to ensure the team can remain focused on the task at hand and be able to achieve the task successfully in a timely manner
* Monitor internal and external dependencies and work with others to have a strategy around dependencies
* Graphically and through various other communication paths, report current state of the scrum team to all levels within the organization on both the IT and business side. Also be able to provide plan vs. actual analysis of the scrum team, creating better insight into the team's status
* Champion process improvements within the scrum teams based on lessons learned and retrospectives
* Coordinate and facilitate external discussions on project work to ensure successful on-time delivery
* Negotiate scope and schedule with business leads and IT leadership
* Ensuring all expected artifacts are completed and maintained
* Have a thorough understanding of the scrum team's build
* Problem solve with team members based on understanding of the build
* Conduct capacity planning
* Have ability to facilitate large planning sessions
* Bachelor's degree in Business/Management Information Systems or a related discipline strongly preferred
* At least two years of work experience as a Scrum master required
* Preferred to have at least an additional two to five years of work experience within IT in application development management and/or project management
* Experience with Agile development (Scrum methodology) a must and Scaled Agile Framework
* Experience being on a scrum team required
* Certified SAFe Scrum master (SSM) preferred
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy), childbirth or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Cigna is a health insurance and services company.