Tech at Liberty Mutual
At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
We are looking for a Scrum Master to join our Fast & Curious Presidential Services Team
in our Agent & Partner organization. The ideal candidate will be joining a team of amazing IT professionals that designs, implements and maintains features on the Salesforce platform to support GRM US Distribution, Sales and Service teams. The Scrum Master will collaborate with Product Owners, Technologists, Architects and squad members to define and drive solutions. She or he will coach and mentor two Agile squads of 5 - 7 Software Developers, Salesforce Administrators & Quality Assurance Analysts / Test Engineers each, as well as drive Agile best practices to facilitate delivery of quality software solutions.
In this role you will:
* Be a part of an Agile team delivering solutions to key strategic partners on a frequent basis.
* Provide servant leadership to 1-2 software development teams working on high complexity efforts that directly align with our GRM imperatives in the Salesforce Solutions space.
* Oversee scrum process and coach the squads on how to use scrum and Agile practices and methodology.
* Facilitate transparency, inspection, and adaptation.
* Facilitate daily scrums, sprint reviews, and planning sessions to ensure full squad and stakeholder engagement and cohesion.
* Manage interdependencies between both agile & non-agile squads.
* Work with the Product Owners to support short and long-term release planning, and to keep product backlog healthy and prepared for execution.
* Shield the squads from external interference to enable optimal functionality and productivity.
* Anticipate and address potential or actual impediments to squad delivery (cultural barriers, logistical challenges).
* Mentor junior or aspirational Scrum Masters and coach squad members on Agile practices.
* Facilitate and utilize retrospectives to ensure squads are constantly improving.
* Escalate issues as needed.
* Administer metrics tracking and other duties on behalf of the team.
* Build a trusting and safe environment where problems may be raised without fear of reprisal.
* Collaborate and solve problems together with peer Scrum Masters and development teams, and be eager to share your expertise.
* Bachelor's degree
* 5 years related experience as a project team member.
* 5 years' experience in Agile software development including coaching on agile methodologies, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* Strong knowledge of Agile principles and concepts.
* Strong ability to influence behavior preferred - to encourage & reinforce practices, norms and ceremonies that support squad performance and effectiveness.
* Display strong communication, organizational, analytical, critical thinking, and team building skills.
* Advanced presentation, influencing, and relationship management skills.
* Experience working in a scaled agile framework preferred.
* Thorough knowledge of business functions and extensive understanding of business operations, strategies and objectives.
* Scrum certification preferred but not required.
We take care of our employees…
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at work-and in life. That's why we offer:
* Workplace Flexibility
* Wellness Perks
* Collaborative workspaces
* Sit/stand desks
* Career development, programs and classes
* Diversity & Inclusion programs
* Commuter Benefits
* Adoption Assistance
* College Savings Plan
* Education reimbursement
* Hackathon Events
For more info about our benefits
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j