This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Raytheon BBN Technologies is seeking a qualified Experimental Physicist with a minimum of 2 years of experience performing sophisticated experiments in solid state quantum physics. The candidate will join a highly entrepreneurial and enthusiastic group advancing computation and communications technology by exploring quantum and optical phenomena. The candidate will support experimental efforts in superconducting quantum computing at mK-temperatures. Experience performing high-frequency and low-noise measurements is required. Position responsibilities will include developing and conducting novel experiments to demonstrate advanced concepts in quantum computing and multi-qubit superconducting systems. These experiments could include system characterization and studies in error detection and correction. The candidate may support designing superconducting components and low-noise packaging in support of experiments in quantum information processing.
* Conduct mK-temperature high-frequency low-noise quantum computing experiments
* Work collaboratively within small experienced teams and with academic partners
* Present accomplishments and teach concepts to teammates, sponsors, and conference audiences
* Advanced degree in Physics, Engineering, or similar
* Significant research experience with mK high-frequency low-noise measurements
* Experience automating experiments using Python
* Experience performing single and two qubit gates is highly desirable
* Experience with high-performing teams publishing and presenting their achievements
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability and willingness to obtain a US Government security clearance. US citizenship required
Minimum Education and Experience:
* Advanced degree in Physics or Engineering or related field
* 2-years experience in Physics and/or QC laboratory
* PhD highly desired.
* Programming experience with Python, Julia, and/or C/C++, experimental data analysis using Matlab, numpy, and/or other similar tools.
131940BR 131940 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Research & Development
Type Of Job
MA - Cambridge
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.