Infor Dynamic Science Labs is a data science team that works to infuse mathematical modeling and optimization across the entire suite of software products at Infor.On any given day, we can be working in manufacturing, healthcare, distribution, sports, retail, and e-commerce, meeting with customers from around the globe. Our team works on problem solving from beginning to end: from meeting with customers during the problem definition phase all the way to sitting side by side with development as they implement and release production software.Depending on the situation, our projects can range in time from a few months to several years.In all cases, we are guided by our team's mission statement: Do science. Be transformative. Create value.
Scientists from Dynamic Science Labs have advanced degrees in quantitative fields.We have a shared goal: to apply our extensive training and passion for problem solving to solve challenging real-world problems.We want to see our algorithm designs and ideas move from the white board and prototype phase to actual recommendations and science-based software that people are happy to use in their day-to-day lives.Our Scientists work both with Infor's customers and product teams across the company.We are always learning about new applications and opportunities to apply our talents, and Scientists are free to use whatever mathematical approaches make the most sense for the problem at hand.
While day-to-day activities can vary widely, Scientists are generally responsible for performing analysis on large data sets, translating business problems into mathematical models, collating and explaining results to varied audiences (internal and external), and taking responsibility for the analytical integrity of our solutions. While Scientists are typically not expected to define the scope of a design, they are required to both plan and execute the design. Scientists also work closely with development teams who take our science designs and implement them into production code.
* Design and test approaches to problems faced by our customers
* Translate business problems to mathematical models and validate understanding with users
* Analyze data to identify trends and relationships
* Track issue progress; coordinate and set expectations on priorities & resolution
* Create analytical project plans and delegate tasks to others
* Present science materials to internal groups as well as clients
* Participate in system and release testing for science features
* Work with development to support the transformation of prototypes to products and diagnose science-related bugs
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* PhD (or Master's with equivalent experience) in one of the following (or related) fields: Operations Research, Operations Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Software Development, Chemistry, Physics
* Work history, dissertation, internship, or coursework that demonstrates hands-on experience in mathematical modeling, data science, and coding
* Intelligent, fast-thinking, highly motivated with a passion for solving problems with software
* Able to develop complex algorithms when necessary and simple algorithms when possible
* Able to understand complex algorithms and discuss with people at all levels of background
* Able to balance tradeoffs and make good decisions when faced with competing priorities
* Demonstrated real-world experience in mathematical modeling, data science, and coding
* Proficient with standard Microsoft Office apps (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
* Able to work independently and as part of a team
* Demonstrated ability to mentor others
* Basic SQL/database knowledge
* Experience coding and debugging models or algorithms in R, python, or Java
* Able to travel 20% of the time as needed for customer meetings
* Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
* Familiarity with Java and other programming languages
* Experience working with and presenting to software customers across various industries
The Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender / transgender identity or expression, sexual orientation, sexual stereotype, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, protected veterans, military service obligation, citizenship status, individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law applicable to the state or municipality in which you work.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact Human Resources at 470-548-7173 and/or ADAAA@infor.com.
Infor is a company providing enterprise resource planning cloud products.