The Climate Corporation is developing data-driven recommendations and digital tools to help global customers improve their productivity and sustainability. To develop these digital tools, our Science organization needs the necessary data sets to build predictive models. Further, recommendations from these models must be tested to confirm value creation prior to commercialization. Typically, our models are tested in multiple conditions, maybe over multiple seasons and usually multiple times before we commercialize a product. The Science Implementation Team is responsible for many aspects of data collection, both to generate data for model building, as well as to ensure we have a successful program and process to evaluate new research models and concepts with our customers.
One team is the Automation and Tooling team which is accountable for creating the necessary IT tools and solutions to efficiently scale the ingestion and processing of research data, develop tooling to help researchers improve the efficiency of data manipulation and model development, implementing and scaling research code to execute pre-commercial global research programs, and serving as the bridge between researchers developing models and engineers who are responsible for productionizing models.
* Exploratory data analysis, data cleaning & processing
* Write beautiful, robust, well-documented research code
* Engage with diverse research groups (Science, Engineering, Modeling, and Data Analytics) to understand their models & products and develop solutions to meet their data needs
* Undertake written & verbal communication with stakeholders in various parts of the organization
* Collaborate across the Implementation, Modeling and Data teamsDevelop scripts and tools that scale new science data & models to support pre commercialization Alpha & Field testing programs
* Build and maintain the core data & model pipelines to enable discover & precommercial model development
* Work with Data Analytics and Engineering teams to ensure proper data architectures and computational infrastructure is available to support rapid development and iteration on machine and deep learning models
* BS in Biology, Agronomy, Computer Science, Data Science or 2+ years work experience in IT/Agriculture/Biotechnology
* At least 3+ years of experience in gathering and processing raw data at scale (including writing scripts, calling APIs, SQL queries, etc.)
* At least 3+ years of experience working with data in a technical or scientific environment
* Experience with exploratory Big Data discovery through the use of technologies such as Hive,Spark, or Hadoop
* Knowledge of breeding, agriculture, and/or biotechnology.
* Knowledge & operational familiarity of Bayer's R&D IT systems is a plus
* Knowledge & experience with machine learning technology in R & Spark
* Strong Understanding of database systems and management of large data sets.
* Experience with Linux and AWS or other cloud based platforms is a plus
* 3+ years of scripting experience (python or R)
* Experience with web services, api, and database design
What We Offer:
Our teams are composed of industry experts, top scientists, and talented engineers. The environment is extremely engaging and fast-paced, with dozens of specialties coming together to provide the best possible products and experiences for our customers.
We provide competitive salaries and some of the best perks in the industry, including:
* Superb medical, dental, vision, life, disability benefits, and a 401k matching program
* A stocked kitchen with a large assortment of snacks & drinks to get you through the day
* Encouragement to get out of the office and into the field with agents and farmers to see first-hand how our products are being used
* We take part and offer various workshops, conferences, meet-up groups, tech-talks, and hackathons to encourage participation and growth in both community involvement and career development
We also hinge our cultural DNA on these five values:
* Inspire one another
* Innovate in all we do
* Leave a mark on the world
* Find the possible in the impossible
* Be direct and transparent
Learn more about our team and our mission:
The Climate Corporation - The Technology Behind Making A Difference
https://youtu.be/c5TgbpE9UBI or visit https://climate.com/careers