For 30 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world's most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in Reston, VA, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All interested individuals will receive consideration and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance diversity and inclusion of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
1-190624-9212: Science and Technology Analyst
LocationU.S. - Virginia - Vienna Open Date6/24/2019 JOB DESCRIPTION
SOSI's Special Programs Division is seeking a Science and Technology Analyst who will possess a sophisticated understanding of international science and technology trends, and apply that expertise to assist in collection, analysis, and targeting projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
* Research trends of emerging technologies or scientific concepts
* Work with project teams to help collect data on foreign science and technology, analyze foreign science and technology trends, and produce reports, targeting packages, and datasets
* Fluency in a foreign language
* Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
* Master's degree in international science policy
* Six years of relevant experience
* Experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Normal office working conditions with possible requirement to lift and/or move objects or packages of up to 25 lbs
* Periods of non-traditional working hours including consecutive nights or weekends when necessary