The Chicago Public Schools (CPS) has set ambitious goals to ensure that every child-in every school and every neighborhood-has access to a world-class learning experience from birth, resulting in graduation from high school college- and career-ready.
The School Support Center (SSC) is a one-stop-shop dedicated to creating and delivering innovative and proactive business solutions that empower schools to focus on instruction. We believe our schools need sound business practices that support student achievement. The School Support Center serves as a single-point of contact between Central Office partners and school/Network staff by providing excellent training, consultative support, and Field Support Services in all areas related to school business operations.
The School Support Center Kronos System Analyst is in charge of managing, computing, verifying and maintaining the accuracy of Kronos timecard records of all school based employees within their assigned school units.
Under the supervision of the School Support Center Kronos System Specialist, the School Support Center Kronos System Analyst will be held accountable for the following responsibilities:
* Manages timecards via the Kronos system for accuracy and notify responsible principal or school administrator with discrepancies. Proactively investigates and resolves school-based attendance issues.
* Responsible for supporting school-based employees with Kronos system related questions and troubleshooting timecard discrepancies.
* Responds to school-based-employee Kronos system inquiries via ticketing system, e-mail, and phone calls.
* Supports new hires with understanding Kronos system information and answer any related questions.
* Provides transactional support to school-based employees regarding Kronos submissions.
* Provides bi-weekly reconciliation report to the School Support Center Kronos System Specialist and Manager.
* Performs other duties as they might be assigned.
In order to be successful and achieve the above responsibilities, the individual must possess the following qualifications:
* 1-3 years of payroll experience working with timekeeping systems is required.
* Experience with payroll administration, and customer service management systems is preferred.
* Experience with PeopleSoft and Kronos is preferred.
* Detail oriented and highly motivated.
* Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, etc.)
* Must have great communication skills and interpersonal skills. A passion for delivering effective customer service. Must be accountable, honest and trustworthy as this role handles time that corresponds to salary or money matters.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to articulate verbal and written resolution to customers in a professional manner.
* Ability to complete work independently and complete activities with time sensitive deadlines.
* Flexibility and a consistent positive attitude while resolving customer inquiries and issues
* Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Mathematics, Finance, Business or Human Resources or related field is preferred. Equivalent CPS or payroll experience considered.
Terms of Employment:
* CPS employees are required to be actual residence of the City of Chicago within six months of beginning employment, and are required to maintain Chicago residency throughout employment.
* Chicago Public Schools is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas.
* Chicago Public Schools is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals, including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.