The position is a full-time Jr. Program Scheduler/Analyst for the NATO SEASPARROW Project Office (NSPO). The selected individual will have variety of opportunities to enhance their technical, program management, and programming skills in a dynamic environment of national importance. Additionally the individual will work closely with the Lead Project Planner, Division Directors, and project leads (both government and military), project engineers, system engineers, and contractors to develop and manage the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and/or associated schedules, tools, and products. These schedules form the baseline for NSPO, and are used to communicate the official program plan and status throughout the defense community.
* Must be comfortable with PC computers
* Must be proficient in MS Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Should be able to navigate and build Excel spreadsheets in an IT / SharePoint environment.
* Must be able or willing to interact with upper level management on a regular basis.
* Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
* Preferred: Hands-on scheduling experience with Kidasa Milestones Professional
The individual will learn to develop and maintain the schedule data base and schedule data output tools, and will develop regular and ad hoc executive level reports and graphics from the IMS database using Microsoft Project, Milestones Professional, Excel, etc. The individual will liaison with other government agencies, field activities, laboratories and stakeholders and will conceptualize, recommend and develop schedule management solutions, processes and products to meet evolving customer needs, and improve reporting of critical program information. The individual may be required to learn and apply schedule analysis tools such as for supporting Earned Value Management, Schedule Risk Analysis, and Critical Path Analysis.
* Develops and maintains project schedules. Performs schedule analysis in support of various projects.
* Ensures major project milestones are integrated across all divisions within the project office.
* Serves as a liaison between our field activity partners and government. Capture and communicate schedule information on a project by project basis.
* Develops and maintains periodic plan of actions outputs to keep management informed on project progress.
* Determines, monitors, and reviews manpower requirements.
* Analyzes effects of projects upon various areas such as Engineering, Facilities, and the labor pool to determine the most practical and cost-efficient methods to obtain the required resources.
* Formulates and recommends corrective action measures such as schedule revisions, manpower adjustments, fund allocations, and work requirements.
* Provides overall project management support to management.
About Bae Systems
BAE Systems engages in the design, development, manufacturing, and support of defense and aerospace systems used in the air, on land, at sea, and in space.