Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Scala Software Engineer
Req #: 190029069
Location: Lewisville, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
A top CT priority is building scalable corporate systems. Teams focus on:
* Advancing firms road map programs for supporting Single sourcing of data, Architecture convergence and focus on Analytics.
* Adopting industry leading technologies to support best-in-class business capabilities for high performance computing and data storage solutions
* Driving innovation across the firm's corporate technology portfolio, increasing efficiencies through process automation, and Agile application development, with an emphasis on user experience and shorter development cycles
* Investing in security & controls for cyber, access/entitlements uplift, data protection and application resiliency
The team is responsible for providing the data backbone to the CT organization storing all information and calculating aggregations and supporting reporting. The team leverages Java Open Source and Big Data technologies to provide data management tools, calculators and reporting engines. The team is looking for proactive and hands-on technologists who can solve critical business problems with innovative technology solutions and have responsibility to implement multiple core components of this architecture. JPMC is launching a multi-year initiative to invest in the industrialization of this process and seeking highly qualified candidates to drive this change.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Partner in driving a multi-year strategic initiative that delivers technical solutions which creates a data lake that would consume, model and store data. Additionally technical solutions will be required for managing the data (data management tools) and processing the data (transforms, validations, aggregations) and reporting/accessing the data.
* Follow SDLC best practices such continuous integration, automated unit test and regression testing, etc and focus on end to end quality of the delivery.
* Work collaboratively in a team with fellow developers, sharing ideas to solve complex and challenging business problems.
* Be able to communicate effectively and work closely together with business clients, other technology teams, support partners and stakeholders to deliver and support business aligned solutions.
* 3+ years' experience in building out enterprise level applications
* Must have strong hands-on development experience on the following:
* Core Java 8
* Spring boot
* Experience with web application and standalone Java applications
* Exposing and consuming JSON based RESTful services using Spring
* Focus on long term quality of the software - understanding extensibility and maintenance aspects
* Familiarity with Agile methodologies
* Experience in end to end release of highly reliable applications including design, development and testing
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science/Software Engineering (or related fields)
* Strong work ethic and dedication
* An aptitude and passion for building platforms and solving complex technical problems
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
* Highly motivated and interested in following up on detailed business or technical issues and understanding the functional and technical impact of any change
* Willingness to take initiative and work
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.