CGI offers more than a job. We offer limitless opportunities to make a difference for the clients and communities we serve. Come join committed, skilled and passionate people just like you! Come be part of our team who supports a top global utility practice, serving 250+ utility providers in electric, water, and natural gas, including 8 of the top 10 in both Europe and North America. Their dress is business casual; Flexible work hours but, culture leans toward an earlier workday (i.e. - there will not be many people in the office at 5:30pm); Enterprise uses Skype for communication; and most of our team works from home on Fridays, although the official policy is to work on site.
CGI is seeking a SCADA Analyst will be responsible for aligning the overall implementation of ADMS (Advanced Distribution Management System)/SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) design with evolving Grid Modernization business requirements. This role will modify ADMS/SCADA configurations and add devices and device types to ADMS/SCADA with the continued evolution of Xcel Energy's Grid Modernization program. This role will also assist in the implementation and long term support of several third-party applications essential for the ADMS platform.
The position can be located in Denver, CO or Minneapolis, MN!
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Designs, implements, analyzes and modifies systems for various applications. Defines system objectives and prepares system design specifications. Responsible for interface problem solving. Responsible for gathering analyzing client business requirements in order to identify and solve problems. Acts as communication liaison between business and IT teams.
1. Performs System Administrator functions for the Schneider Electric ADMS software including, but not limited to: application performance monitoring, application configuration management, application log monitoring and triage of issues.
2. Develops and maintains ADMS/SCADA configurations for Xcel Energy to be used across all Xcel Energy operating companies.
3. Configure and manage ADMS/SCADA communication front end processors to support communicating to 10,000+ remote field devices.
4. Configure, manage, and support IVVO and FLISR applications.
5. Maintains configuration databases for all ADMS/SCADA application communications equipment including front end processor (FEP) configuration as well as DNP3 and ICCP (Inter Control Center Communications Protocol) configurations.
6. Coordinates work efforts with Xcel Energy communications providers including EMS (Energy Management System)/SCADA integrations team, Field Area Network (FAN) team, corporate network communications teams, and 3rd party communication providers.
7. Plans and directs ADMS SCADA integration of software and hardware into the environment. 8. Assist with development of technical design for critical components and newly approved technologies.
9. SCADA system configuration (e.g., RTU, supervisory control, area of responsibility, alarming, tagging, and historical configuration tables).
10. Creates, develops, and maintains tools and reports that are used for real-time database configuration management.
11. Supports the implementation and ongoing support of third-party applications integrated to the ADMS platform.
12. Adheres to principles of software configuration management.
13. Provides application support across all environments and initiatives.
14. Ensures applications, users and downstream applications have appropriate, high quality real-time SCADA data
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
2. Minimum of 3 years relevant SCADA or real-time application / control system experience.
3. Knowledge or hands-on experience with electric SCADA platforms
4. DNP or ICCP (Inter Control Center Communications Protocol)
5. Electric Distribution Control Devices
6. TCP / IP
7. Strong understanding and experience with software development life-cycle practices
8. Knowledge of and/or experience with communications networks.
9. Strong understanding and experience with relational databases.
10. Scripting languages.
11. Windows Server 2012 / 2016.
12. Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
13. Strong analytical skills.
14. Keep abreast of technology, industry and business trends
15. Experience in the electric utility industry is a plus
16. Knowledge of or experience with Schneider Electric SCADA is a plus
17. PE (Professional Engineer) registration in electrical engineering or control systems engineering or equivalent professional certification is a plus.
* SCADA experience is a must.
Experience working within the energy industry is a required
* Business Analysis
What you can expect from us: Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.