Iridium is the only truly global voice and data satellite communications network that connects people, organizations, assets, government and relief agencies with "on-the-move" availability. Together with its ecosystem of partners, Iridium delivers essential, reliable communications with an easy-to-integrate platform and service for improved efficiency. With more than 20 years of experience, Iridium delivers the next-generation of connectivity, Iridium CertusSM - the most versatile global broadband service that satisifies the critical need to send and receive communications when traveling by land, sea or air. For more information about Iridium products, services and partner solutions, visit www.iridium.com.
Position Summary, Job Requirements & Responsibilities
The position supports real time operations, monitoring, and command and control of the Iridium satellite constellation at the Iridium Satellite Network Operations Center. Candidate will work rotating 12-hour shifts in a 24-hour multi-satellite operations environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Perform real-time commanding of the Iridium Satellite constellation
* Execute and perform telemetry verification of all satellite commanding performed in support of controlling the Iridium Satellite constellation.
* Create, review, and execute real-time spacecraft commanding pass plans and coordinate their execution as part of routine operations and anomaly resolution activities.
* Perform real-time satellite state of health evaluation, trending, and analysis for first level satellite sub-system engineering troubleshooting.
* Conduct satellite software uploads and switchovers to the updated software, verifying the integrity of all products and commands loaded to the spacecraft
* Support real-time anomaly investigation and resolution and follow established Fault Escalation policies and procedures
* Support process improvement initiatives by properly documenting all satellite events through the anomaly and issue reporting process, participating in procedure development and reviews
* Create accurate, timely, and descriptive satellite event logging for all satellite or system events
* Make updates/changes to assigned operations checklists, procedures, and/or software tools
* All applicants must complete the Iridium Satellite Flight Operations Specialist (FOS) certification. The certification process is a 6-month average, combination of in-house classroom training and On-the-Job (OJT) apprenticeship culminating in formal job task demonstration and examination.
* Proficiency in the LINUX operating system is a plus, as well as standard PC usage and applications.
* Familiarity with software development and programming skills is desirable.
* Candidates should be highly motivated as they will be tasked with learning a very complex ground and space system in support of Iridium.
Experience & Education Requirements / EEO
Minimum of a BS in engineering or computer science, or the equivalent work experience in a network operations or spacecraft operations environment.
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.