Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) is a trusted provider of actionable information solutions for intelligence, surveillance, tactical airborne and space customers and intelligence community. In order for SAS to defend our core position and innovate in emerging growth markets, DevOps represents one area of investment necessary to assure our sustained competitive advantage in a rapidly changing acquisition environment.
The SAS DevOps Capture Transformation Lead (CTL) shall be performing a critical SAS organizational change-agent role in the context of DevOps and the Raytheon business capture/proposal life cycle, and shall be directly accountable to the SAS DevOps Business Lead.
The SAS DevOps CTL shall be responsible to drive the early incorporation of holistic DevOps business principles, practices, applications, and technologies into key SAS campaign and strategic capture/proposal activities. Incorporation of the DevOps body of knowledge into the early Capture/Proposal life cycle activities will enable more opportunistic shaping of customer solutions, strengthening of win strategies, and realignment of program and product development constructs to emerging Government expectations for implementation of commercially-based continuous iterative development and delivery practices.
In the context of early Capture/Proposal life cycle activities (i.e. prior to completion of IPDS Stage 1/Phase 2), the SAS DevOps CTL shall be responsible to interface daily with SAS Business Development Executives and Lead Investigators, and to deploy DevOps-oriented inputs which enable more informed and effective capture assessments, capture shaping, and capture planning and budgeting. For reference, these early life cycle activities address strategy planning, customer identification, market development/positioning, solution development, opportunity assessment/validation, and win strategy development.
The nature of these deployed DevOps-oriented inputs will consist of both collected knowledge and developed knowledge, where:
* Collected knowledge addresses: 1) evolving investment and implementation of DevOps within our competitor environment, 2) emerging customer strategic planning, doctrines, and policies aligned with DevOps acquisition and contracting strategies, and 3) understanding of SAS strengths and weaknesses w.r.t. early implementation/path-finding of DevOps business capability elements
* Developed knowledge addresses an alternative and holistic SAS DevOps project reference architecture cross-cutting our SAS business, application, and technology layers (e.g. programmatic team structures and cultures, programmatic team work environments, programmatic team workflows and practices, product development processes, application toolchains, and infrastructure technologies)
In the context of late Capture/Proposal life cycle activities (i.e. IPDS Stage 1/Phase 3 and on), SAS DevOps CTL shall be responsible to interface with SAS Business Development Capture Managers, SAS Engineering Capture Technical Leads, SAS Business Development Proposal Managers, and as required, SAS Proposal Cross-Functional team members. The SAS DevOps CTL shall be responsible to provide DevOps-oriented feedback into SAS strategic proposal activities to help assure continued alignment of the proposed offering materials to the SAS business agreements reached during early life cycle activities and reflected in the documented SAS win strategy.
The nature of the DevOps-oriented feedback includes recommendations and Subject Matter Expert (SME) reviews, where:
* Recommendations address: 1) how to interpret and/or modify Request for Proposal Statement of Work, deliverables, and evaluation criteria, 2) how to best respond to customer questions and/or concerns, 3) how to adjust and/or correct Technical and Management baselines to maintain a strong alignment to DevOps
* SME reviews address: 1) participations as Blue/Pink/Red team member (e.g. whether win strategy themes properly integrated into Baselines, whether storyboards and mock-ups properly bridge to strategy, whether proposal artifacts satisfy agreed-upon strategy/win themes), and 2) Customer Readiness participation (e.g. review of proposal team readiness for Orals, review of proposal team responses to received Evaluation Notices)
The SAS DevOps CTL shall be responsible to travel to DoD/government sites and end-user operational environments to collect, consolidate, and maintain DevOps-oriented knowledge with respect to customer/end-user acquisition approaches, interests, and existing DevOps-oriented programs of record.
The SAS DevOps CTL shall be responsible to periodically travel to DevOps oriented conferences, symposiums, and vendor sponsored events, to establish and/or maintain an understanding of the evolving DevOps body of knowledge (i.e. principles, practices, and market solutions for infrastructure application tools and technologies). Furthermore, the SAS DevOps CTL shall seek out opportunistic venues to collect, consolidate, and maintain competitive intelligence on DevOps investments and transformation activities, beyond information publically published online at competitor websites, released white papers, etc.
The SAS DevOps CTL shall be responsible to occasionally interface with the SAS DevOps Champion/Corporate DevOps Center of Excellence (COE) and communicate on-going engagements in SAS campaigns and strategic pursuits, including any lessons learned, suitable for the SAS DevOps Champion to maintain consolidated views intended for incorporation into the Corporate DevOps COE Proposal Guidance/Playbook.
* Minimum 12 years of related experience
* Active Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance
* Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills
* Demonstrated career experiences in either business development or program/project management
* Experience with participation in Capture/Proposal activities, with emphasis on early life cycle participation
* Active Customer Special Access Program (SAP) Clearance(s)
* Proven technical acumen with software-centric products and technologies
* Bachelor of Science Degree in engineering or related field
* Master of Science Degree in engineering or related field
132382BR 132382 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.