Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
The National Grid IT team is currently seeking an innovative, adaptable, and results-oriented SAP Test Lead who can manage the testing phases of multiple programs in the SAP platform. The SAP Test Lead is responsible for defining the overall SAP Testing Strategy for the platform. In addition, this role will work with individual projects and programs to define the testing approach, scope, schedule and resources necessary to fulfill our testing requirements. The Test Lead will be responsible to plan, design, create, monitor and manage test cycles and environments for multiple SAP programs as part of the Global Solution Delivery team. The SAP Test Lead will manage dedicated test environment teams that incorporate customer-centric design thinking practices and standard Waterfall & Agile/Lean software development methodologies. This role will report to the Director of Solutions Development within the National Grid IT organization.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
* Own the overall SAP Testing Approach for the portfolio. This includes defining a test strategy, data requirements and planning and managing the environments needed for testing (working with the Basis and Environments team).
* Full responsibility for the planning, management and co-ordination of all SAP testing activities within complex IT projects and evaluating risk potential during all stages of development.
* Working closely with the Business and Technical design leads to establish appropriate test scenarios to achieve the Design target quality objectives.
* Take a leading role in the definition of strategies to ensure the most effective and efficient testing is carried out, including the use of specialized testing tools and techniques.
* Collaborate with end users and project teams, including suppliers to define the strategy. Help to set priorities that balance 'desirable' against 'practical' testing strategies.
* Ensure use of appropriate tooling for requirement, test defect capture and management. National Grid's recommended tool is Microsoft's Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS). Take responsibility for setting up the project in whatever ALM tool is used by the project.
* Define and document testing scope (functional and non-functional)
* Manage and plan individual test phases and produce or assure phase test plans and exit reports depending on where the responsibility for the test phase lies (National Grid/ Supplier).
* Review and assure output from suppliers. Ensure suppliers are aware of, and follow, the National grid best practice test processes
* Liaise with SAP Program / Project managers to manage expectations for the testing stages of projects. Agree quality criteria and corrective action
* Ensure that traceability exists between requirements, tests and results for each run and defects and that a suitable process is in place to handle the effect on testing of changes in requirements.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering or in related field; Master's Degree preferred
* At least 10+ years of experience working with SAP with 3+ years in leadership role in SAP Testing
* Experience leading complex SAP test environment landscapes involving multiple applications, middleware, legacy hardware and cloud environments
* Experience with Configuration Management Database (CMDB), Booking tool, Service management (ServiceNow) and Test Data Management tools like HPQC, Solution Manager or MS VSTS
* Experience in leading distributed teams comprised of IT, Business and third party vendor resources
* Experience with automating test scripts
* Thorough knowledge of Agile software delivery models (Kanban, Scrum, etc.)
* Ability to promote and role model a team-oriented environment
* Ability to lead technology teams in different locations in the US
* Highly developed negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills
* Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.