What you'll be doing...
Verizon Supply Chain IT, the place where we are transforming our IT systems and teams to work in an Agile fashion to deliver speed to market products. You will work on the latest technologies to drive scalable solutions with the focus on customer experience, process efficiencies and automation You will be working with a global IT Team comprising of widely distributed onshore and an offshore teams.
You will be primarily working on the large scale IT transformation projects that involve transforming existing planning systems into a holistic planning solution to support different lines of businesses within Verizon. You will also be part of the multiple small to medium-size projects that drive high satisfaction for internal and external customers. You will be using Agile methodologies and work with stakeholders including internal team leadership, business partners and IT peers to maintain communication and alignment.
* Subject Matter Expert for S&OP, Demand Planning, Inventory Planning and Replenishment systems that include SAP IBP & SAP CAR.
* Get a deep understanding of the overall Supply Chain Systems Applications, play a lead role in designing and developing of the planning systems within Supply Chain Portfolio.
* Participate in requirements gathering/design discussion sessions. Work closely with all the stakeholders in a cross functional manner. Drive discussions with business teams, Follow the Agile/DevOps methodology.
* SAP IBP, SAP CAR, HANA DB, SAP Cloud Platform, Cloud Platform Integration.
* Develop components, processes, systems that deliver the business functions. This would include both enhancements and fixes. Mentor junior developers in the team.
* Perform system tests, validate that the code is operating on clean, correct & useful data. Reduce security threats with dependable & reliable security tools & software applications (Fortify, Blackduck)
* Will be working in AWS cloud platforms andto deploy code in AWS platform.
* Tune the code/jobs to ensure that systems resources are being utilized in optimal fashion. Encrypt sensitive information to protect the database from corruption. Assess system usage trends and identify potential performance constraints with inter-system designs.
* Develop mutually beneficial solutions that provide a superior experience for internal & external customers. For the completed projects, provide updates to the leadership regarding KPI improvement.
* Quickly respond to critical system issues, defects, outages to ensure minimal impact to the internal & external customers.
* Adapt to the changes quickly and able to work in the fast paced environment. Work flexible hours and support night or weekend work if needed.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in managing the supply chain planning applications that includes SAP IBP & SAP CAR, Hana DB and SAP Cloud Platform.
* Design and Development of the S&OP, Demand Planning Inventory Planning and Replenishment systems that includes SAP IBP & SAP CAR.
* Design inbound and outbound interfaces coming from other systems.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Computer science (or relevant fields) and five or more years of relevant work experience.
* Big Data technologies - R/Python.
* Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Blockchain.
* Knowledge of Hana DB and SAP Cloud Platform. Cloud Platform integration.
* PL/SQL procedures.
* Agile Methodology.
* Strong communication and presentation skills along with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
* Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
* Ability to work in the dynamic and fast-paced environment and contribute with the creative ideas with the use of new technologies.
* Passion for learning the emerging technologies (AI/ML/Blockchain), Open source Software. Ability to quickly learn new technologies.
* Deliver results with Efficiency, Speed and Innovation.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.