Zoetis' SAP Global Solution Center organization has the charge to design, build, implement and sustain enterprise ERP and Supply Chain solutions based on the SAP technology platform.
The SAP Systems Lead, Device Manufacturing will work integrally with Zoetis' Enabling Functions ITS organization to design, build, implement and sustain systems and solutions to support the global Animal Health Device Manufacturing business.
This role will be the Subject Matter Expert in the SAP Manufacturing Execution, Planning and Quality Management modules. The primary role would be to support plants with Discrete and Repetitive manufacturing processes. The candidate will work closely with our business counterparts to develop, support and maintain a global manufacturing template for Zoetis plants.
This role will be part of the SAP Global Solution Center with BAU support and project delivery responsibilities.
* Act as an internal consultant and design architect for SAP PP, QM solutions to support BAU functionality and provide SAP expertise for on-going and upcoming projects in SAP Manufacturing, Planning, Quality management areas and its integration with other planning, quality management and manufacturing applications which are part of global solution for Device Manufacturing facilities globally. * Will own Zoetis discrete manufacturing SAP solution template and manage changes/enhancements to the template with close collaboration with other impacted functions * SME for variant configuration and variant costing, engineering change management functionality of SAP to support customized equipment manufacturing solutions * Responsible to ensure smooth ramp up and ramp down of new Device manufacturing plants integrations into Zoetis SAP landscape in manufacturing and quality functions * Support Incidents resolution, new demand fulfilment and end user engagement in SAP PP/QM and its integration with other SAP modules as well as interfaces with other plant applications. * Collaborate with business stakeholders to support new functionality introduction and process improvement initiatives in SAP to align with plant leadership goals * Take ownership of all SAP interfaces with external plant applications in the device manufacturing plants and act as single point contact for engaging with various application owners for design and support and issues resolution * Work with peers in the ITS organization and business representatives to determine business process and solution design leveraging the capabilities of the SAP modules and cross modules integration. * Support the identification of opportunities to standardize processes and system configuration globally and ensure compliance across all implementation to these standards * Collaborate with representatives of other SAP functions to ensure end to end process integration and consistency * Develop, prototype, test and implement solution improvements to increase stability, usability and functionality to enable end users to meet business objectives * After new implementation, lead and support project initiatives to expand the usage of the SAP solution to improve processes at manufacturing sites, commercial operations and across the supply network * SAP Systems Lead Device Manufacturing conducts all activities and makes decisions that are in accordance with Company policies & SOPs, Zoetis Values, FDA & global regulatory guidelines (including cGMP/cGLP/cGCP), environmental guidelines, as appropriate, etc
* Understand business strategy, goals, operational processes and technology needs * Ensure customer expectations have been met through delivery and ongoing execution of services * Gather and analyze business requests to determine how best to create successful resolution for new requests and issues * Help consumers understand service offerings available from internal IT service providers and secure appropriate resources for projects, engaging with the business, and facilitating service delivery * Support SAP user community, prepare business case for ITS investment * Customer focus, Strategic thinking and analytical skills, Timely decision making and problem-solving skills
Ongoing Systems & Service Delivery and Process Improvement
* Deploy global IT processes, develop and maintain organizational quality indicators, and monitor client satisfaction * Provide information to IT and Business leadership regarding best practices, industry trends and business opportunities, as well as, feedback on the overall performance of processes and tools * Understand key business controls and impacts of changes caused by functionality, technology changes and changing business needs * Provide support for global and regional systems and services * Work with Business counterparts to ensure audit, SOX and other compliance requirements * Identify and initiate process improvements (continuous improvement) * Monitor process compliance and performance metrics * Execute key operational process activities * Mentor other less experienced employees and team members of the SAP GSC org
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field of study; Master's or MBA is preferred * 5+ years of experience in working with SAP projects and support functions in SAP PP/QM and integration with other modules * Functional/technical proficiency with at least 3 full lifecycle SAP implementation and 2 years of industry (in Device Manufacturing domain preferred) and/or consulting experience. * Experience with implementation and support in the Device manufacturing, pharmaceutical, life science business and knowledge of the GxP is a Big plus * Hands-on design, configuration and implementation experience of SAP PP/QM/DM and Engineering Change management in a global landscape * Experience in SAP implementation and support in Discrete and Repetitive manufacturing environment. Extensive experience of Custom Development/enhancement and interfaces
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
* Qualified candidates will translate and influence business and functional solution requirements with Manufacturing and Quality operations stakeholders * Expert knowledge in Manufacturing and Quality modules - both functional and technical in areas like Production Orders execution, Engineering change management, Document management, Serial number management, Run Schedule header, Product cost collector, Variant configuration, object dependencies, Discrete Manufacturing master data, Rework and Refurbishment processes, Quality inspections, Quality Release and other functionalities used in Device manufacturing setup * Thorough knowledge of SAP ECC PP and QM Integration points with MM, SD, PM, WM and other modules * Excellent knowledge of ECC Planning functions integration with APO SNP and PPDS modules. Knowledge of APO RCCP functionality * Knowledge on end to end business processes in manufacturing and Quality business functions and design of SAP solution for those processes * Good hands on experience with master data definition, system configuration, issue analysis and testing * Self-starter and can own and resolve support tickets with little or no help * Expert knowledge in the areas of Supporting and maintaining global deployment of SAP * Develop, prototype, test and implement SAP PP/QM solutions and enhancements * Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience of interface with external systems for data transfers and reporting * Perform thorough analysis to identify all potential impacts for change requests * Train and transfer knowledge to other team members, users and stakeholders as required
Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills; Fluency in English (written and spoken) is a must
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at email@example.com to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
Zoetis is a producer of medicine and vaccinations for pets and livestock.