The Project Manager (PM) leads technical, enterprise level initiatives by providing direction, and executing project work-streams and follow-up to ensure projects are delivered within scope, on time, and within budget. PM's ensure requirements are met and completed while meeting quality for operations, and establishing documented processes and service ownership for after the project ends. PM's drive collaboration through effective leadership to develop, manage, and implement portfolio and project management practices, ensuring they are understood, adopted, and flexible in meeting user needs.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Creates and maintains project plans and schedules, and ensures the project requirements are defined and meet the project's objectives.
* Directs large scale, technical projects, and collaborates with employees, leadership, clients, and other internal and external stakeholders.
* Deploys and promotes the use of Program project templates, processes and standards.
* Develops, executes, and composes clear and effective communications, trainings, and post delivery support plans.
* Defines, tracks, and communicates project milestones.
* Mentors team members in project management artifacts, processes, tools, and techniques.
* Ensures all project artifacts and deliverables are documented, approved, and stored for reusability, support, and audit purposes in designated project tools.
* Creates and manages resource plans by providing strategic and tactical resource forecasting, providing predictive analysis of resource demands, and requests appropriate resources for project needs.
* Develops and establishes project budgets, manages changes and financial forecasts, and tracks actual costs and variance to the approved budget.
* Executes formal project change requests.
* Manages projects using different types of methodologies, based on project needs.
* Manages, mitigates, and documents risks and issues.
* Identifies and tracks project and non-project support issues, ensures follow-through, evaluates and identifies areas for improvement on the project and program lifecycle, and develops analysis and reporting to target and monitor improvement trends.
* Manages clear and specific contractual terms for required project work with vendors.
* Ensures projects have the appropriate governance and management controls and practices (i.e. project, risk, quality, staffing, change, communication, financial, scope, schedule, cost, procurement, stakeholder, support, etc.)
* Finalizes projects by ensuring all necessary close-down and transition steps are taken and documented.
* Uses subject matter expertise to articulate high level technical status and provide status reports to the appropriate audience.
* Works with Management and other Project Managers to identify critical paths, coordinate deliverables and interdependencies, develop processes to maintain dependency tracking, and ensures project dependencies are identified and managed.
* Identifies and resolves problems often anticipating issues before they occur or before they grow; develops and evaluates options and implements solutions.
* Leads stakeholder/team meetings and demonstrates confidence, control, and public speaking proficiency.
* Maintains effective partnerships with teams, vendors, managers, leaders, and stakeholders.
* Analyzes key data points to determine a project's disposition and health, and establish governance.
* Manages and monitors practices, processes, and procedures consistent with Costco's information security policy and IT standards.
* Identifies opportunities for streamlining, and increasing effectiveness through continuous process improvement.
* Regular and reliable workplace attendance at you assigned location.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary.
* Assists in other departments of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
Computer, phone, printer, copier, fax
Experience, skills, education & licenses/certifications
* 5+ years project management experience.
* PMP certification.
* Project management or project support experience on a large scale project implementation.
* Proven track record for successful delivery of projects and working cross-functionally with business and IS.
* Past experience leading development teams in an Agile and/or an SAP Activate environment.
* Flexibility to manage projects in a hybrid traditional/agile program structure.
* Ability to manage an integrated and coordinated project track within a PMO structure.
* Ability to create and manage detailed project plans and report critical path.
* Must be flexible in diving into project detail when necessary, while keeping the overall picture in mind.
* Adept at assessing project issues and variance, responding appropriately and driving toward the next steps for resolution.
* Must be able to problem solve and devise workable solutions quickly.
* Demonstrated leadership and team-building skills with ability to influence and motivate project team members that report to other groups in the organization.
* Proven ability to develop business relationships and communicate successfully with people at all levels of management; exhibit excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
* Strong communication skills, both oral and written, including presentation skills.
* Extremely responsive with a strong sense of urgency.
* Able to flex to support the changing needs of the project.
* Able to work independently.
* Able to support off-hours work as required, including weekends, holidays.
* Strong experience on SAP or other ERP implementation project.
* Proficient in the use of Solution Manager (SolMan), and/or SmartSheets as a WBS and schedule tool.
* Experience designing and implementing Agile and/or Activate development processes.
* Experience with setting up environments and working on infrastructure projects.
* Proficient in the use of the Google products: email, spreadsheet, document, presentation.
* Working knowledge of Service Now (Carts+) Portfolio & Program Management module.
* Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.
Costco Wholesale Corporation operates membership warehouses.