Requisition ID: 221116
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 100%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
SAP NS2 Federal DOD/Civilian (FED) Federal Program Manager-Metro DC-20171
SAP is the global market leader for business software and related services, and SAP National Security Services Inc.® (SAP NS2®) is an independent U.S. subsidiary, offering SAP solutions with specialized levels of security and support to meet the requirements of U.S. national security and critical infrastructure customers.
An active Secret/Top Secret security clearance is highly preferred.
Must be a U.S. Person; NS2 does not offer Visa sponsorship for this role
All internals must have manager's approval to transfer
Must be open to 100% travel
The Program Manager is responsible for the overall management of a project throughout its lifecycle. The Program Manager has the qualifications and business acumen to manage large scale, high risk, strategic projects that span organizational boundaries including multiple business units and service partners/vendors. They provide leadership to cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined project outputs to time, budget and project quality criteria. Principal Project Manager also ensures adherence to project management methodology practices, provides project manager mentoring, performs Project Management Reviews and reinforces the enterprise knowledge management through the communication of lessons learned and best practices development.
The Program Manager assists during the Bid Phase of the customer engagement by providing input into the proposal especially in the area of delivery model (e.g. SAP Advanced Delivery management model for delivery of particular customer project), project structure, organization, scoping, estimation and risk assessment.
The Program Manager has ability to manage complex projects or smaller programs that require coordination of work between various parties like third party sub-contractors, SAP Custom Development, SAP Global Delivery, and SAP Active Global Support.
Experience & Language Requirements
* 8-10 years of SAP implementation experience in a Federal environment
* 3 - 5 years project management experience in large scale, high risk, or strategic projects.
* 3 - 5 years of supervisory or coaching experience in teambuilding and leading teams.
* SAP Federal Financials ECC Implementation experience desired and preferred
* Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams within a formalized methodology.
* Demonstrated expertise in creating and maintaining project deliverables such as, project charter, project management plan, status reports, project timesheets, communications plan, budget and schedule.
* Demonstrated experience in managing issues, scope and quality while bring projects to successful completion within the cost and time requirements.
Management and Leadership Experience
* Management experience in managing medium size teams
* Management experience of medium to large size and multilayered teams is desirable
* Management of remote resources (global delivery or distributed organization)
* P&L of LoB in medium to large organization is desirable
* Cultural awareness and experience working across different cultures and nationalities
* Strong leadership and people management skills are desirable
* Leading in matrix organization and without formal authority a plus
* Required undergraduate university degree, preferably in commerce, engineering, information technologies or equivalent training and job experience.
* Master's degree, preferably in commerce, engineering, information technologies or MBA; or a financial management related certification an asset
Professional Training & Certification
* PMP certification and /or other industry and project management certifications within 12 months of hire
* PMI methodology Certification and ASAP Toolset Proficiency
* Willingness to stay up to date with SAP's Delivery Management training and certifications
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.