Requisition ID: 223248
Work Area: Customer Service and Support
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
SAP NS2 Customer Support Specialist-Herndon-20171
SAP is the global market leader for business software and related services, and SAP National Security Services Inc.® (SAP NS2®) is an independent U.S. subsidiary, offering SAP solutions with specialized levels of security and support to meet the requirements of U.S. national security and critical infrastructure customers.
Must be a U.S. Person; NS2 does not offer Visa sponsorship for this role
All internals must have manager's approval to transfer
The Service Desk Associate's primary function is to provide technical support to enterprise administrators in an efficient and accurate manner, 24 x 7 x 365. You will be SAPNS2's frontline Support and will solve technical problems and provide support for all assigned areas. Support includes site navigation and system troubleshooting whilst interfacing with other support groups, Operations and Development. The goal is to make sure that customer value is maintained to the standards set forth by SAPNS2.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
* Provide inbound and outbound (phone, email, web) support and resolution to customers;
* Support includes open customer incident and service request tickets in Support ticketing system, liaising between customer, support groups and Operations/Development, track, route and redirect problems to correct resources;
* Properly escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support; if a high-priority issue opens an investigative ticket whilst collecting all necessary debugging information;
* Walk customers through problem solving process; research incident using available knowledge base. Ensure proper recording, documentation and closure by documenting all correspondence with customer and cloud operations group in incidents to enable record tracking and always set status of incident in ticketing system;
* Follow-up with customers, provide feedback and see problems through to resolution;
* Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customers' expectations;
* Preserve and grow knowledge of service desk procedures, products, services and create knowledge base system;
* Obtain detailed and accurate information relating to the business impact of customer's technical issues utilizing effective questioning techniques to enable incident/service ticket creation with correct priority;
* Support customers with functional questions displaying exceptional customer service knowledge and oral/ written communication skills;
* Exhibit strong diagnosing and troubleshooting skills whilst resolving customer issues; and
* Seek out opportunities to add value to customers during all interactions, JAVA, SQL, Database and SuccessFactors knowledge are a plus.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
* Associates or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/ Information systems is preferred.
* Technical degree or technical troubleshooting experience required.
* HCM (Human Capital Management) business processes and HRIS knowledge will also be beneficial.
* Knowledge of the following will be beneficial SQL, Wireshark, Fiddler or other application
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.