What you'll be doing...
You will work on the latest technologies to drive scalable solutions with the focus on customer experience, process efficiencies and automation. You will be working with a global IT Team, primarily working on the large scale IT transformation projects that involve transforming existing planning systems into a holistic planning solution to support different lines of businesses within Verizon.This individual must have excellent understanding of SAP Integrated Business Planning (IBP)/Customer Activity Repository (CAR) modules, SAP Hana DB and will develop corporate planning systems, components, and processes that deliver the business value. You will be an expert in leading the different phases of software delivery life cycle such as requirement gathering, design/validation of architecture, development and delivery of the solution. You will also play an important role in the deployment of the overall solution in compliance with Verizon standards.
* Serving as a subject matter expert for Strategic Planning, Demand Planning, Inventory Planning and Replenishment systems that include SAP Integrated Business Planning (IBP)/Customer Activity Repository (CAR).
* Demonstrating functional and technical expertise inSAP Integrated Business Planning (IBP)/Customer Activity Repository (CAR) solution, SAP Hana DB.
* Building corporate planning systems for IT transformational projects using SAP planning solutions.
* Leading different phases of the project delivery life cycle and implement phases of projects.
* Developing components, processes, and systems that deliver business functions including both enhancements and fixes.
* Mentoring junior developers in the team.
* Working with Business & IT to understand the requirements for projects and new initiatives.
* Analyzing SAP and partner road maps along with market trends to determine their potential impact to current systems.
* Performing system tests, validating that the code is operating on clean, correct and useful data to reduce security threats with dependable and reliable security tools and software applications (i.e. Fortify, Blackduck).
* Using emerging technologies such as AI/ML, RPA in developing corporate planning solution.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelors or four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Knowledge in managing the supply chain planning applications using SAP solutions such as SAP Integrated Business Planning (IBP) & SAP Customer Activity Repository (CAR).
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Computer science.
* Experience designing inbound and outbound interfaces coming from other systems.
* Experience with SAP Hana DB, SAP Cloud Platform.
* Experience with Cloud Platform Integration and Cloud Deployment.
* Ability to work in the dynamic and fast-paced environment.
* Ability to quickly learn new technologies.
* Experience with Emerging Technologies (AI/ML, Blockchain, RPA) & Open Source software.
* Strong communication and presentation skills.
* Ability to work flexible hours and support night or weekend work if needed.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.