SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Candidates can be located anywhere in the US
Big Data and Analytics is one of the fastest growing areas and this role requires using the innovation and state of the art software to help customers deploy HANA, Big Data, Analytics and IoT based solutions. As we are strengthening our team in this exciting growth area we are looking for a consultant who can bring an entrepreneur mindset and help our customers on their journey of innovation and digital transformation.
A Senior consultant in SAP Analytics and Insight team is responsible for hands-on delivery of SAP Analytics solutions (on premise, cloud based, hybrid) including SAP HANA, BusinessObjects, Cloud for Analytics, Digital Boardroom and IoT-based solutions to help with digital transformation for SAP customers. The role will involve both functional and technical expertise to develop Big Data Analytics solutions to best address our customers' needs. As cloud services are becoming more and more important for our customers the role will involve deployment of modern Cloud based Analytics solutions
In this role, the Senior consultant works directly with SAP customers for hands-on delivery of Analytics solutions that fits the customer's business needs. This position requires the ability to work and communicate as a part of a high-performance consulting team in a global environment.
* Work in a team of Professional Services consultants, architects and project managers who implement SAP and Big Data Analytics solutions * Hands-on SAP HANA modeling and Analytics (including advanced analytics) experience to deliver new solutions/ improve existing solutions for SAP customers * Have the ability to articulate and define analytics solutions being used by supervisory board, executive committees and senior managers * Deliver industry-centric customer projects through providing Big Data Analytics for the desired business metrics. * Ability to work as a visualization expert to implement the best visualization stories for customer's business KPI's * Help customers harmonize master data and building data models (in HANA or other relational databases) * Will involve leading or participating in business sessions to identify and document business use cases. * Meet clients, analyze their requirements, document and prepare project proposals * Review and contribute to solution knowledge base with specific areas of expertise, Develop and document enterprise knowledge in the form of technical articles, and best practices * In addition to a strong business and analytics background, the position requires strong problem-solving, analytical abilities and consulting skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of business and in a global and regional team environment.
* Strong work ethics, driven, dependable, and responsible * Team player, proactive networking attributes, results and execution focused, self-starter * Willingness and ability to learn quickly new Big Data and Cloud Analytics solutions. * Ability to stay on top of technology innovations and eager to continuously learn. * Willingness to participate in sales process, if needed, as a subject matter expert * Motivated, and able to work effectively under pressure situations * Must possess the ability to learn multiple areas of a new technology and expand current technical and advisory knowledge * Ability to travel domestically (US and Canada) for client facing engagements
Customer facing skills:
* Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, solid presentation skills * Ability to inspire confidence and work with all levels of client and internal staff. Ability to deliver clear, concise presentations to non-technical audience. High energy, clear goal orientation and strong work ethics; "can do" attitude * Ability to manage conflict and difficult situations at customer projects * Executive level presence required * Ability to present complex information in a clear and precise manner with non-technical audience * Ability to capture customer requirements and translate them into software specifications
Project Management exposure. Ability to manage risks and issues and escalate through proper channels.
Education and Qualifications
Master's or Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Information Management. Statistical / mathematical background a plus.
* Depth of experience in: * Hands-on implementation of BI/Analytics/data warehousing solutions, and in-memory solutions using SAP HANA in on premise/cloud/hybrid scenarios * SAP HANA modeling and SQL scripting is required * SAP BusinessObjects product suite is required
* 7+ years overall experience in technical/consulting roles in Business Intelligence, Analytics and related innovation areas * SAP hands-on product and project experience in Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing * 3+ years of SAP HANA hands-on experience * Reporting and Visualization experience (e.g., SAP BI tools - Lumira, Design Studio, WebIntelligence, Digital Boardroom, etc.)
* Strong in: * Data warehousing and data modeling concepts * Industry knowledge: * Oil and Gas experience a plus * Finance/ Central Finance a plus
* Track record of successfully implementing Analytics projects in challenging environments. * Understanding/exposure to: * Big Data/ IoT use cases * Cloud models/concepts and SAP Cloud models (SAP Cloud Platform, etc.) * Innovation areas like Machine learning, Data Science, Predictive modeling * Big Data components like Data Acquisition, Technical Architecture (e.g., HANA VORA) and Data Management * Concepts/ technologies like Hadoop, Hive, HBase, MongoDB, MapReduce * Programming/scripting in Python, R or Java * Project experience in one/more of the above will be a huge plus
* Ideal candidate is also a flexible self-starter with the right skills background/experience/interest to expand skills and deliver Data Science, Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning solutions on new innovation areas like SAP Leonardo in future
Fluent in English.
Up to 100% travel
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations: Virtual - USA
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.