Requisition ID: 215760
Work Area: Consulting and Professional Services
Expected Travel: 0 - 100%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Big Data and Analytics is one of the fastest growing areas and this role requires using the innovation and state of the art software to help customers deploy HANA, Big Data, Analytics and IoT based solutions. As we are strengthening our team in this exciting growth area we are looking for a consultant who can bring an entrepreneur mindset and help our customers on their journey of innovation and digital transformation.
A SAP HANA Modeler / Cloud Analytics Principal Consultant in SAP Analytics and Insight team is responsible for leading the design and delivery of SAP Analytics solutions (on premise, cloud based, hybrid) including SAP HANA, BusinessObjects, Cloud for Analytics, Digital Boardroom and IoT-based solutions to help with digital transformation for SAP customers. The role will involve both functional and technical expertise to develop Big Data Analytics architecture to best address our customers' needs. As cloud services are becoming more and more important for our customers, the role will involve deployment of modern Cloud based Analytics solutions.
In this role, the principal consultant works directly with industry experts and technology experts to translate our customers' business needs into business and architectural solution proposals / business blueprints. This position requires the ability to work and communicate as a part of a high-performance consulting team in a global environment.
* Lead the design, implementation and support of Big Data, Analytics, HANA and Cloud solutions for SAP customers
* Lead SAP HANA modeling efforts and provide Analytics recommendations in the development of new solutions as well as the improvement of existing solutions for SAP customers
* Have the ability to conduct and lead SAP Big Data and Analytics-related discussions at customers in an advisory capacity
* Must be a flexible self-starter who can upskill on new technologies and innovation topics, and show thought leadership to deliver solutions on rapidly growing innovation areas like SAP Leonardo
* Ability to interact with both business and technical stakeholders of clients to provide a sound technical solution that meets business needs
* Natural ability to look for solution gaps and provide technical recommendations that allows the use of SAP Big Data and Analytics technology and services to influence win-win business outcomes
* Establish SAP as a "Strategic Trusted Advisor" by building a long-term relationship at customers
* Articulate and define analytics solutions being used by supervisory board, executive committees and senior managers
* Deliver and lead industry-centric customer projects through providing Big Data Analytics for the desired business metrics
* Ability to work as a visualization architect to recommend the best visualization stories for customer's business KPI's
* Help customers harmonize master data and building data models (in HANA or other relational databases)
* Will involve leading or participating in business sessions to identify and document business use cases
* Meet clients, analyze their requirements, document and prepare project proposals
* Ability to translate business goals and requirements into SAP solutions through participation in blueprint workshops, facilitating decisions on best practice solutions, guiding configuration, facilitating subsequent testing, and providing Go-Live support
* Review and contribute to solution knowledge base with specific areas of expertise, Develop and document enterprise knowledge in the form of technical articles, and best practices
* In addition to a strong business and analytics background, the position requires strong problem-solving, analytical abilities and consulting skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of business and in a global and regional team environment.
* Strong work ethics, driven, dependable, and responsible
* Team player, proactive networking attributes, results and execution focused, self-starter
* Willingness and ability to learn quickly new Big Data and Cloud Analytics solutions.
* Ability to stay on top of technology innovations and eager to continuously learn.
* Willingness to participate in sales process, if needed, as a subject matter expert
* Motivated, and able to work effectively under pressure situations
* Must possess the ability to learn multiple areas of a new technology and expand current technical and advisory knowledge
* Ability to travel domestically (US and Canada) for client facing engagements
Customer facing skills:
* Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, solid presentation skills
* Ability to inspire confidence and work with all levels of client and internal staff. Ability to deliver clear, concise presentations to non-technical audience. High energy, clear goal orientation and strong work ethics; "can do" attitude
* Ability to manage conflict and difficult situations at customer projects
* Executive level presence required
* Ability to present complex information in a clear and precise manner with non-technical audience
* Ability to capture customer requirements and translate them into software specifications
Project Management exposure. Ability to manage risks and issues and escalate through proper channels.
Education and Qualifications
* Master's or Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Information Management. Statistical / mathematical background a plus.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations: Virtual - USA
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.