Requisition ID: 219888
Work Area: Customer Service and Support
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Who We Are
Your career at SAP Fieldglass is what you make of it. You can forge your own path, switch business units or solve a problem that no one has before. With office spaces in Chicago, London and Brisbane, as well as an employee presence on 6 continents, we are a diverse global company with a family feel. Inspired by change and by each other, we take pride in our innovative culture that created and continues to shape our market-leading, best-in-class solution. At SAP Fieldglass we don't follow trends, we set them!
* Best of both worlds: start-up culture with the backing and benefits of SAP
* Focused on continuous growth and improvement
* Promote healthy work / life balance
* Committed to our communities and the environment
What We Do
Businesses are striving to be more competitive in an environment where workforce is pivotal. Companies need the right talent at the right price at the right time. SAP Fieldglass accelerates the engagement of talent and provides total workforce visibility to maximize cost savings and improve worker quality. Our cloud-based, open platform has been deployed in more than 140 countries and helps companies transform how work gets done.
* Forrester Research, Inc, positions SAP Fieldglass as a leader among services procurement providers
* KellyOCG® Supplier Excellence Award Winner
Senior Database Administrator
We are seeking a Senior SQL Database Administrator to join our global Database Administration team within Product Development. In this visible, high-impact role, the SQL DBA will play a key role in major projects, including support for our current SAAS SQL cloud application and our in-memory database migration project. This is an on-site position in our Naperville, IL office.
What You Will Deliver:
* Create lightweight, portable scripts for automation of complex functions such as monitoring, database upgrades, database maintenance, data migration, metrics collection, analysis, audit evidence collection and data denormalization
* Deploy database upgrade scripts to Production environments as dictated by the application release schedule and needs of the business
* Identify and analyze performance issues; suggest resolutions through database design improvement, indexing strategies and refactoring
* Contribute to the design, maintenance and optimization of high availability and disaster recovery
* Collaborate with IT, Development, QA and Professional Services teams to manage Production and pre-production environments
* Collaborate with developers on database design and participate in database capacity planning
* Review SQL code and recommend optimizations while enforcing best practices
* Take part in 24x7x365 DBA on-call rotation
* Support security initiatives including database auditing and audit evidence preparation
* Create and maintain documentation for processes and policies
* Evaluate and recommend database tools
* Demonstrate an ability to be productive with minimal supervision, have a focus on service and the foresight to understand future impacts current changes may have on the Fieldglass application and/or clients' business processes
What You Need to Bring
* Bachelor's/master's degree in engineering, computer science or a related field
* 7+ years direct hands-on experience as a DBA/SQL Developer in a 24/7 production environment
* Experienced with MS SQL Server 2012 or higher, including SQL development experience
* 3+ years of proven SQL Server database performance tuning experience
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret query execution plans
* Knowledge and ability to leverage SQL Server DMV's
* Strong time management, organization, analytical skills, and the ability to identify opportunities for optimization and process improvement
* Knowledge of Powershell and process automation fundamentals
* SAP HANA experience is a plus
* Ability to communicate effectively while working closely with various technical teams of all skill levels
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.