The SAP Data Manager position is an elite assignment as part of the SAP project team that is leading Simpson Strong-Tie through its SAP implementation. Simpson's SAP S/4HANA global template, including SD, MM, PP, WM, FI, has been implemented in several locations in two Go-Lives, with more Go-Lives in the US, Canada, Europe and Asia to follow. Quality data is essential to the success of any SAP implementation. The Data Manager is responsible for accurate, consistent and complete data as we rollout SAP, and for supporting the ongoing management of existing SAP data.
60% Responsible for migration of legacy data into SAP for Finance, Sales & Distribution, Material Management, Production Planning, Warehouse Management, Inventory Control, Customer Pricing & Rebates. Lead data cleansing and validation efforts with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Business Process Owners (BPOs), Consultants
Work directly with SMEs to guide them on the use of validation tools. Hold the data SMEs accountable for deadlines and milestones, and escalate to Project Management Owner (PMO) when tasks are behind schedule. Work with Local Project Managers on project deliverables and milestones. Work with the BPOs and consultants to train SMEs on the meaning and use of SAP data and on the master data governance tool.
30% Support unit, integration, user acceptance testing and Go-Live activities. Produce and maintain data validation tools. Produce and maintain training documentation
10% Support Company-wide data governance organization
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering or other related field is preferred.
* 3 years understanding of SAP master data
* 3 years of Excel expertise to guide SMEs in data validation
* 3 years of data management activities
* Leadership: Self-starter with the ability to prioritize competing or conflicting requests. Support and maintain positive attitude and vision with peers, associates, team members and management. Ability to meet strict deadlines and work with multiple groups and stakeholders to deliver solutions. Ability to readily readjust priorities to respond to pressing and changing client demands.
* Communication Skills: Ability to be attentive and listen to others. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customer. Ability to write in a clear, concise, organized, and convincing manner.
* Cognitive Abilities: Ability to find solutions that are acceptable to diverse groups with conflicting interests and needs. Ability to balance analysis, wisdom, experience, and perspective when making decisions.
* Personal Effectiveness: Ability to hold self and others accountable for measurable, high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results. Ability to respond positively to change, embracing and using new practices or values to accomplish goals and solve problems.
* Teamwork: Ability to build and sustain cooperative working relationships. Ability to recognize strengths and contributions of others. Ability to manage and resolve conflicts in a constructive manner.
This job requires domestic/international travel, up to 75% of the time.
Work Status & Location
This is a full-time, exempt position. Ideally the job will be located in our Pleasanton, CA home office, although we're open to work from one of our manufacturing locations throughout the US; Columbus OH, McKinney TX, West Chicago IL, Gallatin TN or Riverside CA.
Relocation will not be considered for this position.
In keeping with the Company's commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This means that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (which state law may define to include gender identity/expression, transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please note all job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.