SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Location: REMOTE - Position will require some travel (up to 40%)
The Concur Functional Consultant (FC) is an expert in the Concur Travel and Expense products and associated systems. This expert will serve as the primary functional consultant on Professional and Premium implementations of Concurs' Travel and Expense and Invoice products.
This includes managing customer functional expectations, client requirements gathering, system design and support. The FC also consults with a variety of Concur and client resources to identify solutions for each implementation. The FC is responsible for executing to all functional project deliverables. Complete phase 1 and phase 2 implementations within aggressive timeframes while consistently delivering exceptional levels of work quality and client satisfaction.
* Ability to manage complex, global, multi-phase functional requirements in implementations which may include custom add-on services * Gather functional and business requirements from customers, evaluate their needs and create a system design and resultant configuration while working closely together with Concur PM and Technical resources * Perform Project Implementations according to Concur's Project Management Methodology * Develop and maintain functional and technical product knowledge * Work with the PM to develop a project plan for each assigned functional deliverable based on Concur's methodology * Manage the expectations of the client (internal and external) with regard to product functionality, functional deliverables, timeframes, etc. by understanding the key business drivers and their prioritization * Coordinate and schedule activities between various Concur departments to help solution customer needs and requirements * Ensure completion of deliverables, meeting milestones, and delivering within budget, while ensuring customer system implementation success * Use business acumen to understand and resolve customer business challenges with the goal of exceeding client expectations * Consistently communicate deliverable status with Concur project management and customer by means of status reports and status calls * Adhere to Concur SOP's to transition customers from implementation to Production Support. * Represent the Department on cross-functional teams * Provide contributions to Concur's project methodology and document library which includes development of new documents/processes as well as updates to existing documents/processes. * Be aware of, and comply with, all corporate policies. * Ability to Travel approx. 40 - 50% for Premium implementations
Education, Experience & Training required:
* BS/BA or a combination of experience and education/training equivalent to a four year college degree * 4+ Years in consulting field with Functional Expert experience * 2+ Years Concur experience * 3+ years of experience in a software/services consulting environment, preferably financial services
Job Specific Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
* Successful experience working directly with customers to resolve complex implementation issues. * Demonstrated detailed knowledge of software design theory and current practices. * Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage workflow to meet deadlines. * Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain issues lists, developing resolution plans, and proper communications to clients * Effective communication and presentation skills. * Excellent organizational and planning skills. * Analysis and troubleshooting skills * System Testing and Product Evaluation Skills * Creative solution development * Previous Experience in ERP or HR a plus * Strong Microsoft Office knowledge
Critical Performance Competencies:
* Communication and Influence * Business Acumen * Decisiveness/Judgment * Planning and Organization * Partnering * Personal Professional Effectiveness
* Displays passion for & responsibility to the customer * Hires, develops & rewards great people * Displays leadership through innovation in everything you do * Displays a passion for what you do and a drive to improve * Displays a relentless commitment to win * Displays personal & corporate integrity
* Sitting - 8+ hours per day / 5 days per week * Use of keyboard - 8+ hours per day / 5 days per week * Use of telephone - throughout day as needed to conduct business - 5 days per week * Working under time pressure - 8+ hours per day / 5 days per week * Working rapidly for long periods - 8+ hours per day / 5 days per week * Finger dexterity - 8+ hours per day / 5 days per week * Good vision - 8+ hours per day / 5 days per week * Good hearing - 8+ hours per day / 5 days per week * Speaking - 8+ hours per day / 5 days per week
Working environment (where major activities are carried out):
* Indoors in an office or control room -100% of the day
* 40+ hours per week will typically be necessary to accomplish performance objectives and to provide satisfactory job presence and/or responsiveness * Flexibility as to the specific working hours may be required or available
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.