Requisition ID: 215010
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
Be a part of an R&D organization bringing innovation to your team and helping it to migrate legacy systems into future. SAP Concur delivers its vision of the Perfect Trip to customers by empowering developers to build their own vision of a perfect career in a friendly, collaborative, and agile team environment.
In the first 12 months you will:
* Learn current products by being part of Scrum team working on building new features and migrating existing systems into new architecture.
* Work with your team and product managers to identify problems that can be solved as we transition from legacy n-tiered architectures into a modern microservices-based approach
* Be part of Scrum team embracing DevOps
* Work on task automation related to CI/CD and testing
In order to accomplish this you will need to:
* Have solid grounding in computer science fundamentals, and hands-on experiences working at consumer-facing and scalable Web application
* Have good understanding of developing Web application across all layers (UI, API, Data)
* Follow Agile development best practices
* Be part of building Agile team embracing microservice architecture and DevOps culture
* Have results driven personality, high enthusiasm, energy, and confidence
What do you need to bring?:
* BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field; equivalent experience considered
* Relevant industry / academia experience in software engineering/architecture field
* Good database skills in SQL/noSQL
* Experience working on agile software development teams which function in a DevOps environment, including experience in dev, build, QA, release, and support of your own software
* Ability to work as an effective member of the team
* As a condition of employment, candidates will be required to participate in a background investigation and/or successfully demonstrate eligibility to receive applicable Government security clearance(s)
Bonus points if you have:
* Experience working with Service Oriented Architectures, microservices, and event driven architectures
* Successful past delivery of products hosted in public cloud offerings
Work Location: This position sits in the Vienna, Virginia SAP office.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Additional Locations :
Gigya is a provider of customer identity management platform which helps companies build trusted customer relationships based on transparency and personal data control.