Cognex is the global leader in the exciting and expanding field of machine vision! We are a rapidly growing, financially strong, international company that is fast paced with many career growth opportunities. Our "Work Hard, Play Hard, Move Fast" culture recognizes our employees for their innovation, perseverance and hard work in a fun, rewarding, and unique environment. Our employees take their work seriously, but not themselves. This is an opportunity to be on the ground floor using the latest and greatest tools and technology to drive value for our Company.
Be Cognex's first full time SAP Business Intelligence Developer! You will be responsible for working with business stakeholders and performing all development related activities such as requirements gathering, design architecture, development, unit testing, implementation, documentation, and support of multiple SAP landscapes and Products. To be successful, you must demonstrate proficiency in Data Warehousing concepts, use of multiple SAP systems, adhere to global standards, and suggest architectural improvements. Ideal background and experience includes implementing BW4HANA with S4HANA and other sources, creating relationships and data lake concepts, and integration to 3rd Party tools such as Power BI.
* Function independently for delivering Reports/Analytics by working with the business stakeholders to gather requirements, solution design, develop, test, document, and support
* Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the company's SAP applications owners, IT Infrastructure team and Server /Network team
* Build strong relationships with the Business to drive value through data and analytics
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* BW4HANA Data Modeling using Eclipse or similar
* Strong knowledge of Databases, structures, and data modeling
* Excellent Troubleshooting skills in areas such as performance, data accuracy, load failures, and other technical issues
* Strong working knowledge of system architecture, primarily SAP focused
* Be motivated to seek opportunities to use our technology and information to innovate
* Strong communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
* Strong organization and time management skills required. Ability to react to quickly changing priorities.
* A team player with the ability to work independently as well as cross-functionally.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
Minimum education and work experience required:
* Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years' experience in Information Systems or a related field
* In depth knowledge of SAP BW4HANA, Data Modeling techniques, and solution design
* Knowledge on implementation, support and performance monitoring of BW4HANA.
* BW4HANA certification preferred
* SAP ERP business process experience preferred
* Data Science thought leadership encouraged
Additional Job Description
Equal Employment Opportunity
Cognex is an equal opportunity employer. Cognex evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.