The candidate must have deep knowledge and hands-on experience in enterprise-wide SAP platform, and solve technical problems while working on technology initiatives. Improve structures, existing tools, systems, components, processes, and solutions. They have strong architectural, leadership, and technical skills. They ensure delivery of high quality artifacts, and adhere to Costco's SAP best practices. Interact in a highly effective manner with other team members and management, drive innovation, and influence delivery and performance.
Job Duties/Essential Functions
* Creates conceptual and detailed technical design documents and standards. * Enhances automation of applications, systems, and platforms and identifies opportunities for streamlining, and continuous process improvement. * Collaborates with architects to plan, design, implement, and improve new capabilities, enhancements, solutions and/or platforms. * Partners with project managers, solution leads, and other stakeholders to establish the rough order of magnitude estimates, to create and maintain a robust framework to support applications, and to deliver quality solutions. * Contributes, interprets, and communicates enterprise, technical, project, and operational strategies to the team. * Develops team vision to drive new capabilities against a published roadmap. * Ensures that proposed and existing systems are aligned with organizational standards, goals, and objectives. * Formulates and directs activities that align short term goals and long term initiatives while providing accurate and timely estimates (work breakdown schedules). * Works with teams, management, and stakeholders to conceptualize, design, build, test, and release products. * Influences and drives adoption of best practices and high quality standards throughout the division. * Integrates diverse solution components across multiple platforms using industry standard interfaces. * Tests and resolves problems, performs root cause analysis, identifies gaps, recommends solutions and preventative measures, and leads team members to solution delivery plans. * Runs proof of concepts and uses diagnostic/debugging skills to solve current challenges in multi-platform systems. * Promotes and supports a culture of compliance, risk avoidance/mitigation, and corporate accountability throughout the organization through technical leadership, knowledge of business need, development and communication of policies, procedures, and plans, and assurance of solution designs that are in compliance with architecture standards, technology guardrails, security, and operational guidelines. * Provides leadership/mentoring to team members, implements development efficiencies, creates appropriate documentation, drives operational efficiencies and technical growth within the team, and supports the release model. * Provides technical leadership in implementation of applications, strategic planning sessions, documentation of requirements, tool implementation, database query languages, and programming languages. * Uses subject matter expertise to support industry standard source control and source change management techniques. * Develops team vision to drive new capabilities against a published roadmap. * Assists teammates in growing and developing the skills necessary to elicit and translate requirements into functional design. * Manages, defines, drives and executes as needed, the implementation of configurations across applications and interfaces. * Determines appropriate escalation of issues and support resolution by following up. * Provides status reporting to project stakeholders. * Identifies opportunities and design solutions that continuously extract value from the SAP applications. * Ensures all project artifacts and deliverables are documented, approved, and stored for re-usability, support, and audit purposes in designated project tools. * Regular and reliable workplace attendance at your assigned location.
* Assists in other areas of the department as necessary. * Assists in other areas of the company as necessary.
Ability to operate vehicles, equipment or machinery
* 10+ years of deep SAP Basis experience in a large enterprise environment. * 10+ years in designing, leading and implementing medium to large scale projects. * 10+ years' experience in production support, including problem identification. (Root cause analysis). * 10+ years' experience troubleshooting and recommending technical solutions. * Must be flexible in deep diving into project detail when necessary, while keeping the overall picture in mind. * Demonstrated leadership and team-building skills with ability to influence and motivate project team members that report to other groups in the organization. * Team player with strong communication skills, both oral and written, including presentation skills. * Extremely responsive with a strong sense of urgency. * Able to work independently.
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred. * Documentation and presentation skills catered to a diverse technical and business audience. * Team leadership and role-model. * Knowledge of Google products: email, spreadsheet, document, presentation. * Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team.
* Management will review the Job Analysis for this position prior to a job offer.
To Apply: Use the link below to upload all required documents to
Apart from any religious or disability considerations, open availability is needed to meet the needs of the business. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States. Applicants and employees for this position will not be sponsored for work authorization, including, but not limited to H1-B visas.